• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Paint

caveman

Ok fellas going to get together some ideas for paint. So far I have a black and gold theam in my head, go steelers and a blue and silver theam just cause it would look nice and did this to my car a few years back. I was told not to use tamiya paint so I am wondering what kind of paint you guys have used and how it has held up. Thanks guys.

G

That is a old Asgard SC body. It has been discontinued. Painted on the inside.

Cage is home made.

Cajun

That roll cage looks great, man I need a bigger garage for tools.

Was going to paint mine and was thinking the same thing, strip the paint off from the inside which I saw some said they used goof off for that hate to spray stripper on there and it eat the plastic lol

Last edited by a moderator:

caveman

Thanks again guys. I'm gonna start looking for the paint soon and I'll post pics when done. And dad if you ever decide to do another cage PLEASE let me know. And thanks again.

G

Will do....

Look forward to some pics of the paint job.

Nice pics everyone!

So I have finally joined the ranks by finally getting my MT today. I had ordered directly from Redcat Racing in the green body finished option. To my surprise, I think they messed my order up by sending me the clear body. I have to pick a bone with them on Monday as I am not sure if they are open on Saturdays. It is almost midnight in the east coast.

Anyways, I have never painted a body and I think I am now stuck with this clear shell... Are they any websites that this forum family could share with this newbie on shell painting?

Do I paint the inside or outside? What do I paint first? Small details like the door margins and handles and then the rest of the body color?

Thanks for the help.

cordy

Make shure you wash the inside of the body with warm soapy water and scrub with a scotch brite pad to roughen up the surface so the paint can stick to it. Put your darker colors on first so they don't bleed into the lighter colors.Have fun.

caveman

Ok got my dremel tool back now I'm wondering what bit to use to cut the body to fit over my cpi pipe. If you cut your body post a pic of the bit you used thanks..

caveman

Thanks krash did you cut a hole in the bed of the body to or no. And if I knew it would be ok to cut after paint I would have painted it already, had a couple of nice days last week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts