• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

oh crap... now what

rcgasser

Also keep playing with the kill switch button I have had many customers and one myself with the no spark problem and it has been the kill switch button I had to keep poping the button or move it to just the right place and it will spark so now I just remove the button all together and straight wire then if it runs I know its the button if it still does not crank then its the coil. You can stop the motor by pulling the spark plug wire if it does run after you try to run it without the switch.

freekshow

rcgasser said:
Also keep playing with the kill switch button I have had many customers and one myself with the no spark problem and it has been the kill switch button I had to keep poping the button or move it to just the right place and it will spark so now I just remove the button all together and straight wire then if it runs I know its the button if it still does not crank then its the coil. You can stop the motor by pulling the spark plug wire if it does run after you try to run it without the switch.
Great idea, but the unit popped and sputtered on accel and then died at an idle and wont restsrt now with the ORIGINAL killswitch...While I had the cover off checking wires, I installed the RAMTECH failsafe that came with a NEW killswitch so I doubt it could be the switch being it wont even start with thenew killswitch.....coil ???? Would the coil or plug wire cause it to sputter and pop on accel and then make the unit die suddenly after it had been running good for 5 min ??

RampageHopUps

You have to eliminate anything you can. Remove the Ramtech kill switch, bypass the red annual button and start it without the radio. Then try the spark on the coil again. The coil could be bad, but I doubt it. The sputtering is most likely a bad tune.

rcgasser

Yes the plug wire and the coil wire can get a short or get cut and cause it to sputter have you tried putting back the original switch to try that or straight wire as I mentioned then I would say a new coil would be your best option. Also another option is to use redcat warranty form http://www.redcatracing.com/Warranty-Form fill it out and they will get back to you.

Phill

As I said in your other thread

You've done just about everything except try another coil.

That would be my next move and while you've got the cover off just make sure that the flywheel hasn't moved.

There should be a woodruff key in the shaft to stop that from happening but you never know.

Even if it had moved you would still get some spark but the timing would be out which could result in the sputter you encountered.

rcgasser

also I have seen a short in the spark plug wire which will also cause it pop and sputter have you check the inside of the spark plug cap wire I have seen these break on the inside from the spark plug.

freekshow

rcgasser said:
also I have seen a short in the spark plug wire which will also cause it pop and sputter have you check the inside of the spark plug cap wire I have seen these break on the inside from the spark plug.
I can see the metal connector inside the boot but never thought about that !!! Great idea !!! Does the boot slide down that I can see the wires ?

freekshow

freekshow said:
I can see the metal connector inside the boot but never thought about that !!! Great idea !!! Does the boot slide down that I can see the wires ?
I tried sliding the boot down to check the wires but it does not seem to come off :-( how do you check it ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts