• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

oh crap... now what

freekshow

Was breaking in the brand new XB today with idling for a tank, coolkng down, 1/4 throttle for a tank etc... Each tank it ran better and peppier... Got to 3/4 throttle tank and was running great until all of the sudden at 1/2 throttle and above it would not go any faster but just continuously POP POP POP until i pulled it close to me and it died.. Now it wont restart... Seems like its getting fuel, plug was a nice tannish color... Wtf happened to make it start popping all the sudden at half and above throttle when it HAD been running so well... Would you change plug? Anything i can look for? Its got less than 2 hrs running time... THANKS FOR ANY HELP

freekshow

Vent fuel tank.... Uh oh.. How do i do that... It seems as if its getting fuel but no spark... How do i vent the fuel system and could it be a bad plug or coil?

rcgasser

Yes you need to vent the tank you had build up pressure in the tank and it stalls the motor out. There are 101 ways to vent tank if you search on this blog it has been brought up millions of times to see many different ways. Bigger hole in cap, add fuel line to gourmet, fuel line coming out of cap +++++++++

freekshow

Rob.. What ngk? I read some don't fit as well as stock even though its same size as stocker.. Which NGK is the H-Crm5 replacement

BertR

freekshow said:
Rob.. What ngk? I read some don't fit as well as stock even though its same size as stocker.. Which NGK is the H-Crm5 replacement
NGK cmr7h is the pro's replacement choice...its the same size as stock with more reliability. In one of my home ported & modified engine I run a cmr4h like a champ.

Phill

BertR said:
NGK cmr7h is the pro's replacement choice...its the same size as stock with more reliability. In one of my home ported & modified engine I run a cmr4h like a champ.
Hi Bert

I read somewhere that a 5 will melt pistons

How do you get on with the 4?

BertR

The # rating is for the cooling property that the plug has . the spark is the same as a 7,6,5 the 4 has less insulator than the 7 so the 4 stay's hot longer. I have run about 3 gallons on the 4 and planed to pull it apart so I will post you a few pics of what the piston looks like. I was in a bind and grabbed one from the local yard dealer and had great luck so I picked up a few more for backup. I will say my OBR only gets a cmr7H.

Deluge

The popping could've been the cylinder gasket failing. So check that out.

As far as plugs, the stock temp is fine. You don't want to go too hot or you run the risk of detonation and possibly blowing a hole through the top of the piston.

freekshow

I went and got a couple new plugs. Still no spark. Anything else I can check? I would assume it has to be a coil or possibly a plug wire. Is there anything else that could possibly cause no spark. The plug is what so I have to assume it's getting gas but when I touch the plug to the cylinder head and pulled the starter I get. It's got five minutes on the car and that's it.... talk about frustrating

Deluge

Pull off the fan cover and check the coil gap. If the coil has loosened up, it'll move and effect your spark. The kill switch on the engine could effect your spark if it's stuck. Sometimes they get dirty and lock up, so check that out.

Here's a vid on adjusting the coil.

Deluge

Pull off the fan cover and check the coil gap. If the coil has loosened up, it'll move and effect your spark. The kill switch on the engine could effect your spark if it's stuck. Sometimes they get dirty and lock up, so check that out.

Here's a vid on adjusting the coil.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts