• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

oh crap... now what

freekshow

Replaced the kill switch with a ramtech fail safe kit while I had the cover off...will the coil loosen in 5 min ?

freekshow

Phill said:
I get no spark with the radio off.I have a connector between the switch and the coil.

I just unplug that.
So what your saying is I have to have the receiver and radio on to start the unit? I have two connectors to the kill switch and two going to coil...I did just install a new ram tech kill switch after it quit to see if it was a bsd kill switch or connection....because of the new kill switch installed do I have to have radio and receiver on to get spark ? I am being told no

Thank you

Phill

With mine you do but mine is a different one made here in Australia

I don't know about yours but I would listen to Rob

He knows more about RamTech than I ever will

I also had to reverse the channel on the radio to get mine to work

If you have a connector in the line try it with that unplugged but leave the connectors on the coil.Just disconnect the 2 wires to the switch.

If you've tried 2 different switches with no success I'd say the problem is in the radio itself

Phill

Last edited by a moderator:

freekshow

RampageHopUps said:
The Ramtech kill switch will not kill the engine I the Receiver is off. If I were to guess, your wires came off the coil when you installed it.
The unit sputtered and died out BEFORE I installed the ramtech switch.i figured if I am taking the cover off to check the coil connections I might as well put the switch on then while its apart :)

freekshow

RampageHopUps said:
OK, then did you try and take the gas cap off. The caps are notorious for blockages. That is why we all vent our caps.
The rubber cap under the gas cap was a little off, so I straightened it and put it bsck on...does the plastic circle piece under the rubber diaphragm go on any special way?

I also tried starting the unit with the cap off....

Last night I pulled the buggy outside in the dark and saw no spark from the plug...I am thinking no spark...can I tell somehow if its a coil or a bad plug wire easily ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts