• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Nurchburgler Xb build

Nurchburgler

After closer inspection

My belt drive was slipping on the clutch.

And my front shocks must have been over filled and dumped a bunch of fluid out of the weep holes.

Can't explain all the oil on top of the diff housing and all over the shock tower.

Now...the slipping pully?

I tightened the main pully on the clutch bell and everything worked again.

Bummer I could have fixed that at the track.

jsherratt831

The diff housing mounting holes go all the way through so you need to silicone the screws if not use alot of thread lock. Nice shocks! as far as the leakage problem use threadlock on the caps, also fill the shock with fluid, then push the piston all the way in and then tighten the cap... that should render the proper amount of fluid. whould love to know how that works since I don't have those shocks, my advice is fairly standard with most shocks. good luck

G

Make sure you loctite the set screws on the pulleys and they line up with the flats on the shaft. I ground some dimples in my flats for the set screws to grab.

Nurchburgler

jsherratt831 said:
The diff housing mounting holes go all the way through so you need to silicone the screws if not use alot of thread lock. Nice shocks! as far as the leakage problem use threadlock on the caps, also fill the shock with fluid, then push the piston all the way in and then tighten the cap... that should render the proper amount of fluid. whould love to know how that works since I don't have those shocks, my advice is fairly standard with most shocks. good luck
Definitely weird the shocks were just fine...made a few biggish jumps and pushed the oil out.

Was thinking of threading the caps and putting set screws in the weep holes.

I thought the diff exploded cause of the oil everywhere and the lack of drive line working..but found problem. My set screws on belt drive were off.

Thanks to Rcdad it is all fixed.

Nurchburgler

New upgrade

Built steering bar. The stocker is just poor to say the least.

Parts:

2mm carbon fiber

Team chase losi 5ive steering bar bearings and bushing

Dremel router

Epoxy

I cut two pieces of 2mm carbon fiber and glued them together.

Next day:

Drilled two holes exactly center where the original bar would be

After drilling I used a file to get the correct size for bearings

Put the unit on the dremel router and

On the buggy I tapped the plastic for a m5 screw..I still using the plastic bell crank and it worked great for my trial fitting.

I am gonna get the aluminum one and tap it for the m5 screw..should work perfect with a little lock tight.

More pics to come..with driving trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Very nice! You won't be bending that one. :D

Nurchburgler

Unfortunate things have come up..Gonna be selling my project Xb.

It is on eBay right now...

I will be parting out the engine, pipe, and radio if she doesn't sell.

Sad but..they come and go easy..so until next time lol.

my79cutty

that sucks man was enjoying your build pretty sweet build. good luck with the sell.

telly5

Nurchburgler said:
The steering rack really is weak and sloppy...I don't know if I should wait for 7075rc fix or just get aluminum one from redcat. Any suggestions?

Plan on racing this buggy on December 8th, so I need a fix lol.

Was thinking of making a new akerman bar..and running the plastic with some shims to remove slop.

Or get the aluminum one and do the same .
check this video

[ame]

[/ame]

G

That's a nice install for sure. Honestly the 5765 with the lipo in my XB has quicker steering than that. Just saying. That does look cool though.

NUNCHUCKSKILZ

RCDAD said:
That's a nice install for sure. Honestly the 5765 with the lipo in my XB has quicker steering than that. Just saying. That does look cool though.
Yep I agree. 5765 on Lipo is nice. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts