• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Nurchburgler Xb build

Nurchburgler

So, fellas I have begun to acquire my parts.

Started with new xsc.

Disassembled and decided to convert to Xb. ( everything for sale lmk whatcha need)

Purchased:

Nutech big bores

Split six 5b front wheels

Hpi Molded foams fronts

Hostile mini mx fronts

7075 10mm Hpi adapters

7075 front carriers

7075 front c hubs

7075 bearings

Mt4 radio and receiver

Hitec steering servo

Futaba throttle servo

Carbon fiber to make towers

Carbon fiber for diff savers

To be acquired

7075 chassis

Belt drive

Rear hubs

7075 diff housings front and back

More

Body and paint

Bumpers etc

Drive train upgrades... Hoping for a center diff and bones

Whatever aftermarket hop ups I can use to make her dominate and dominate frequently

Pics coming soonish

Last edited by a moderator:

Nurchburgler

Me too..I have built multiple bajas and the losi 5ive

I hoping redcat and me can make a racer... I really want to succeed and prove redcat to be capable of racing.

I tell my friends I bought a redcat and they chuckle.... Gonna beat them in what Eva they drive... Redcat please prove to me investment is worth while.

Nurchburgler

My mess

Better build pics to come... Got some clean up to do :(

Nurchburgler

BoukeG said:
Very cool, looking forward to your progress! Now where are you going to put that router table? ;)
Lol.. I know..gonna have to get organized.

Nurchburgler

Obeast44 said:
Looks like a helluva start Nurch, I definitely look forward to seeing the progress. Also, you'll need more beer :)
My wife says otherwise lol ;)

Nurchburgler

took the diffs apart today....wtf...

1 set of gears inside diff...chunky feeling NEW

anybody know why there is only one set of small gears in diff?

I took apart both and installed both sets of gears!

I added a second gasket to help with chuncky feeling.

seems better just not completely satisfied... ideas for close to butta feeling

Obeast44

Banned
I polish and de-bur the gears and do a little hand sanding on the insides of the cases to free them up. The orings, and metal discs push the spider gears a bit too close to each other. After they are assembled I spin them with a drill for a little while to help "seat" everything in. I still haven't been able to get them as smooth as an HPI/Losi or MCD diff, but they can be gotten very close.

Nurchburgler

Obeast44 said:
I polish and de-bur the gears and do a little hand sanding on the insides of the cases to free them up. The orings, and metal discs push the spider gears a bit too close to each other. After they are assembled I spin them with a drill for a little while to help "seat" everything in. I still haven't been able to get them as smooth as an HPI/Losi or MCD diff, but they can be gotten very close.
Thanks.. Tried that.

Better.. Do you know what the difference if any if there were 4 small gears vs 2

Obeast44

Banned
The diffs themselves are the same ones in the MT/TT....the only difference is they opted for only 1 set of spider gears instead of 2. Its mainly just for weight/cost savings.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Obeast44 said:
The diffs themselves are the same ones in the MT/TT....the only difference is they opted for only 1 set of spider gears instead of 2. Its mainly just for weight/cost savings.
So you can use MT diffs in an X series?

(I understand the cases will not work)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts