• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New XT with New gas cap vent

powerslave69

Half way done pic of my bud's new gas cap vent installed on his cherry XT. Just waiting for the one way fuel filter to arrive. We talked him into installing one. All credits for this mod goes to "forist" though. we got this idea from him when our XB and XT stopped all of a sudden. then we found his post and "voila!" our trucks running again. If you're thinking of doing this, here's his link: http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5734&highlight=vent

Thanks forist!! You're the man! :D

View attachment 3936

View attachment 3937

Last edited by a moderator:

csp1971

Contributor
powerslave69 said:
Half way done pic of my bud's new gas cap vent installed on his cherry XT. Just waiting for the one way fuel filter to arrive. We talked him into installing one. All credits for this mod goes to "forist" though. we got this idea from him when our XB and XT stopped all of a sudden. then we found his post and "voila!" our trucks running again. If you're thinking of doing this, here's his link: http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=5734&highlight=vent
Thanks forist!! You're the man! :D

View attachment 3936

View attachment 3937
Looks good, I like all the different fuel line colors.

powerslave69

I like my prefilter...

Deluge said:
That air filter needs to be changed. It's not going to do your engine any favors.
My bud and I thought about it. so we ran our XTs' one without the prefilter. After bashing on dust and mud, my filter was a lot cleaner and the prefilter did what it was supposed to do. it caught a lot of the dirt and debris and almost turned from yellow to black from the all the dirt it caught and my friend's air filter was covered with mud and dust and all kinds of gunks and cursing coz' I talked him into removing his prefilter to run the test and needed to do some serious washing of his filter and waited for it to dry before he was able to run the truck again.

So, I think I'll keep it for a while. :D

Deluge

I mean the actual filter, not the pre-filter. The stock air filter isn't going to offer much protection from dust/dirt. This is why a lot of us run a 5B filter assembly.

powerslave69

oh, ok....

Deluge said:
I mean the actual filter, not the pre-filter. The stock air filter isn't going to offer much protection from dust/dirt. This is why a lot of us run a 5B filter assembly.
Sorry dude. My bad. thought you were talking about the prefilter I'll get one right now. So I will get the air filter for the Baja 5B, right? And this for sure will fit my XT? I'll wait for you answer before I order to make sure I'm gettin the right one. where did you get yours?

Deluge

Yes, it will fit. Here's a thread for reference.

Link

I got mine from DDM. Also, don't forget to use the discount code, "DDM".

Link

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts