• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New (Sprint 77) Modded DOM Pipe to fit Rampage now Available Without a core

mooman007uk

Banned
the 5b jetpro is dual bleed and looks as ugly as clubins tumour.

i reckon $183 for a rampage dominator is the pipe to have...you can run 27/33 gears to gain on top but still pull the wheels off it off idle. I just love the protection it has all tucked away. After yesterdays bash session...video is posted... I think i may need the added protection...I have th ss sprint mod coming for the weekend if the postman gets off his ass

flint mann

I have a JP dual bleed for my Baja and I agree it looks like a abnormal growth on the side. I suppose one could be modded for the rampage but it is a side pipe and even though I like the performance of the JP4 pipe I like the pipes that are rear mounted pipes. I just picked up a HPI tuned pipe and am going to have Sprint mod it for me. I run a Sprint RDlogics mod right now and is extremely pleased with it. I just can't leave well enough alone got to have another pipe option

Last edited by a moderator:

Bklyn77

I can probably say that I am the second person to have a Sprint77 DDM pipe for the Rampage and sprint you can correct me if I'm wrong also. I will say that after running my Rampage with the Redcat pipe and then getting the Modded DDM pipe my truck is a damn animal, and that's with 27/33 gears on it also. The truck was clock at 54mph running the Sprint77 pipe and a Cad Racing Engine, and when it takes off it looks like it wants to lift the front wheels off the ground and the back of the truck just squats as it pulls away. Sprints modded pipe is the best pipe for the Rampage and to top it all off, it stays tuck away under the body of the truck. Oh yeah! Sprint77, are you looking into making a two speed for the Rampage? I would pay you whatever it cost to custom make one for me, money is not an issue.P.S Hellya thanks for sending me to Sprint, he will be getting more of business soon to come after he makes my two speed LOL LOL!!!!!!

Sprint 77

Contributor
Thanks for the kind words, Bklyn 77 I am looking into a referal person that might be able to build the two speed , at this time I don't have the time it takes to dedicate to that project. I showed him the FG 2 speed kit and he has seen my Rampage so he is looking onto it, If he thinks it is possible then I will let you know.

hellya

I agree Ive tried 2 other pipes (1 side 1 rear)...and sprint77's dom mod pipe is the best performer and protected IMO.

I never upgraded my head .... I'm still running the stock 23cc....theres no need the pipe makes the MT rip

Sprint 77

Contributor
Lead time

Piranha2 said:
Hey Sprint, will you be making these pipes in black? And how long of a lead time is there?
At this time all the pipes I have coming are spoken for, Black ones are usually out of stock on DDM site most of the time. so that might increase the lead time on that one. Keep an eye on DDM site for availability and if there in PM me and I will get one coming from them. All dealers have to go through them that is how I can assure you you will be getting a genuine DDM Dom when you go with this sites mod deal.

After I get a feel of the response of how many at a time to order they will be less lead time, I would like to get it down to less than 5 days from order to you get it soon, maybe even stock two or three ahead.

I should mention that for others, my (Sprint 77) DOM modded pipes at this time is exclusive to this Redcat Rampage Forum, A big thanks to all of those that have made them the biggest performance aftermarket part for the Rampage since its debut in July of 2008

hellya

When sprint77 moded my dom pipe I bought it myself off ebay used for $80...I got lucky....thanks for modding the pipe and letting me show it to others...hope it brings you alot more work...from the sounds of it... it has:D

Neverhappy

hellya said:
When sprint77 moded my dom pipe I bought it myself off ebay used for $80...I got lucky....thanks for modding the pipe and letting me show it to others...hope it brings you alot more work...from the sounds of it... it has:D
This video is with the modded pipe from sprint77 and a stock 23cc CY? What kind of pipe was it before the mod?

hellya

:Dthats not gas jockeys video.... its mine ....thats the same pipe I use on my KM clone and My SS baja...a baja rear dominator

Neverhappy

hellya said:
:Dthats not gas jockeys video.... its mine ....thats the same pipe I use on my KM clone and My SS baja...a baja rear dominator
hellya i know it's your video but jas jockey chimed in and said it was the same pipe that he runs.

question is what pipe did it start as and is that a 23cc motor in your rampage video. hopefully this is a more clear question.

I'm a budget builder and i'm looking for the best bang for the buck pipe. If I can get away with the pipe first and keep the stock motor for a while it does me good.

mooman007uk

Banned
gas jockeys wraps around the rear shock tower like my ss conversion...there's some pics in engine and exhaust threads.

I'll be running mine at the weekend so everyone can se what the ss pipe mod can do...it's going to be for sale as i have a 77dom coming...my driving style needs a pipe that's inboard and out the way:D

Gas Jocky

Neverhappy said:
hellya i know it's your video but jas jockey chimed in and said it was the same pipe that he runs.
question is what pipe did it start as and is that a 23cc motor in your rampage video. hopefully this is a more clear question.

I'm a budget builder and i'm looking for the best bang for the buck pipe. If I can get away with the pipe first and keep the stock motor for a while it does me good.
I'm pretty sure Hellya's engine is a stock 23 with a 77 Dom, you can see from his vid the pipe does wonders for performance. My engine is a 28.5 race ported top end kit with the 77Dom, different configuration but works equally well.

Ron E

Contributor
Sprint 77 said:
With the Help of Rob @ Rampage Hop-ups ( Thanks ) I am now able to offer a new genuine DDM DOM pipe modded the Custom Fabrications way to fit the Rampage for a total of $183 + S&H to your area.
Mods are as follows all welds after I cut the pipe are TIG welded and the length and volume is less than 1" Cubic of change. The pipe retains a mounting tab to help with the vibration. So the performance of your big bore or big bore big stroke engine will thrive on this pipe.

Note: The rear factory cage braces WILL NOT fit with this pipe.

Refer to the posts on this mod.

Please be patient at first few will have to be shipped in before I can mod them.

Payment will be through pay pal only and all funds and prices are in USA currency.
I would like to order one of these pipes along with the rear braces required.

please provide paypal info or contact info. Thank you, Ron E.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts