• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New motor in and fired up looks Bling.

GTS 666

Ran it today for only 5 minutes its been on and off rain all day. I didnt get a chance for any vid but it launches hard off the line with a early clutch engagement and 31/29 gears. i hope to get some time to test out the speed and tune as i was only running in backyard and simply cant give it full juice. But its easy to tell is got plenty of balls.

DreamState

In case anyone is wondering, here is what has to be done to the case to clear the drive shaft. I did it to both sides the pic is only of one side of the case. You have to remove the metal almost all the way into the threaded area where the bolt goes through. If you take a little to much off and you can see the bolt in the hole its not a big deal, still plenty of threads in there for the bolt and your gasket goes around the bolt hole so you won't have any leaks.

326c3336.jpg

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m610/DreamState30x/d15a4a99.jpg[/img]

GTS 666

tsudo5th said:
Was wondering where the Carb spacer and aluminum piece behind pull start are from? That truck is amazing!!
Thanks mate, The aluminium spacer came with the motor. The flywheel cover is a billet adjustable timing cover from Trevor Simpson. They are available from DDM. I've been away for work but will be home tomorrow so i hope to get some time to run it and get some video of it in action i ran it over Xmas and have not had time to tune it yet but dam its quick with heaps of low end punch. :D

Ron E

Contributor
wow, just found this thread, awesome truck... love it, great build. if you find you need beefier dogbones at some point you can run mcd axles, i run them in my obr full mod 35cc tt, they're big compaired to stock.

again, crazy cool truck and love that motor :eek: :D

GTS 666

Thanks Ron E I've seen pics of your redcats and they are excellent too. I just picked up another Hpi baja today that I will be using for the next half a year as the MT will have to wait on the shelve until I get some time at home. Man I will miss it as it is super fast.

Ildy666

Gts 666 your truck is off the hook.its seems like its set up perfect.love the look clean,lean,&Mean.just wanted to give props to a job well done.Ildy666......

GTS 666

Yeah I just cut the top nipple off so it looks neater. The filters are only a couple if bucks so if it happens to break or start to get dirty I will just toss it and throw on a new one. I guess it would be easy to clean too.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online