• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New motor in and fired up looks Bling.

big JC

Truck looks awesome. I especially like the shock tower to chassis braces....clean, neat and effective. I wonder if you or anybody else knows of something on the market that would work without welding for us without access to a welder?

GTS 666

big JC said:
Truck looks awesome. I especially like the shock tower to chassis braces....clean, neat and effective. I wonder if you or anybody else knows of something on the market that would work without welding for us without access to a welder?
Might be able to use some kind of metal strap that you could cut to length bend in a bench vice and drill the holes were you need them. It would have to be strong to stop the shock towers from flexing inwards but you wouldn't need to weld at all. Might even need to heat the metal to bend with a small gas torch. This was a option I was going to do but round braces look neater. Which ever way you go these braces help heaps my truck used to bounce alot in the rear end like axel tramp until I put these on.

G

Looks absolutely gorgeous! Nice work.

GTS 666

Good eye for detail man I wasn't sure if any one would notice. I accidentally ordered Hpi Sc dog bone boots. No problem because they fitted perfect on the cup savers I made but were massive on the dog bone. So what I done was find some double wall heat shrink I think it starts at 19mm and can reduce in size to 6mm. Once shrunk it is super thick and strong too. My dog bones measure 10mm and lm hoping that it will help with a little strength and act as a a suppression for vibration through the drive train.

GTS 666

Stock dog bones I've had no probs with them just need to centre them with some fuel line in in cups and they won't fall out I haven't lost one yet and they still look new. The Trevor Simpson engine will test them.

jeffp83

Really? I thought those were aftermarket ones, they look much thicker than the CVD's.

jeffp83

GTS 666 said:
Had to mod one hole on the chassis to fit the adjustable timing cover.
Just saw this now. I also had to enlarge one of the holes on my chassis to get the TS fan cover to fit. Thought maybe mine had one hole machined improperly, guess they are all like that? Seems kind of weird though, why wouldn't they be machined in the same spot as the stock fan covers.

brio

GTS 666, I just saw the truck. That thing looks SICK mate! What's the specs on that engine? It's an MT, right? Very nice job.

GTS 666

brio said:
GTS 666, I just saw the truck. That thing looks SICK mate! What's the specs on that engine? It's an MT, right? Very nice job.
Thanks m8. Yeah it's a MT v1 with all v2 upgrades. The motor is a billet ts reed with custom 34mm bore with 2mm crank 27.2cc. Head is ported by Trevor Simpson. Adjustable timing cover and elcon clutch.

jeffp83

Nitro rc shop (link on the left) carries those alloy diff cases.

GTS 666

The dif cases are just painted in high temp alloy color. I love the look of alloy parts but think that It just adds extra weight to a heavy MT all ready. I painted the dif cases because they shouldn't get chipped with rocks because they are well protected. I have come close to ordering the alloy ones but the plastic cases are holding up fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.