• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New battery and servos

mhambone

I bought the following items for my MT Pro and am having some issues;

(1) DDM "Black Magic" 6v Ni-MH 4600mAh Hump Receiver Battery Pack

(1) Hitec HS-5645MG Digital Throttle Servo w/ Metal Gears

(2) Hitec 5755MG (Rhino) Digital Steering Servo w/ FREE DDM Alloy Horn

Issue 1, Battery has a different connector than stock. I tried to re-pin the old connector to the new battery, but the securing feature on the wire is different. What do you guys do??

Issue 2, My left steering servo went bad so I plugged the new one in and it's operating in the wrong direction> What's up with that??

Issue 3, I assume with the new DDM Alloy Horn, you have to cut off half to clear the frame?? Also the new horn isn't as long as stock, will that be an issue??

I'll tell you this, when the two leads of the battery touch, things get hot FAST........OUCH.

Thanks for the Help Guys

Deluge

Getting a new switch would be the easiest option for the battery. Which way did you install the servo? If both servos are pushing in the same direction, you need to flip one of them. If it's the servo that's mounted under the radio box, the spline end of the servo should be closer to the front of the truck. You can either cut the alloy horn, or you can use the HD plastic horns that come with the servos. I use them, they're tough. With the shorter horn, you won't get as much leverage. But I've seen guys run them, so it should be fine.

mhambone

New switch? Why? How?

I had the servo in the same position as stock, with spline to the rear, Battery box side. So when I install the the other side it will have to be opposite too, right?

The battery came with a wide connector (places for 3 wires) the stock is a narrow 2 wire connector.

Deluge

The stock battery and switch have this plug...

The new battery came with a plug like this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSTs-6mruoWd4-V50fbPBs02WBjE5k6hAJE3U7hTXzRs2Y3xcPIig.jpg

If you get a new switch, it'll be pretty much plug and play. I replaced mine when I upgraded my RX battery. I couldn't be bothered with installing a new plug.

Something like this would be fine. They should be readily available at any local hobby shop, as well.

JR Standard Switch

mhambone

These new servos do not fit the stock brackets. On the left side steering, I just cut off the TOP locating tits, mounted the servo and drilled new holes for the TOP screws. What do you do for the right side? Cut off the TOP tits and drill and tap new holes? Or, leave the top screws out?

As far as the servo arms, the stock will not fit. The ones from HiTech are too thick for the Heim joint shaft. So far I just cut the Aluminum ones in half and drilled a bigger hole for the Heim joint shaft.

Any other options??

When I decided to replace the servos, I had no idea I was going to have to re-engineer theses. I thought it was going to be remove and replace. So much for me thinking.........

Deluge

Yep, that's how I mounted my 5745's. Not a hard mod to do. And yes, you do the same mod to both servo mounts. Everybody who has upgraded their MT's servos had to do these same mods.

mhambone

Thanks again, Servos are installed.

I haven't even broken in this motor yet, and I'm already thinking about more performance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts