• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need new steering servo

ChuenouXiao

Joeyg19 said:
Isnt there a kill switch stock? Isnt that what the fail safe does?
All the fail safe does is apply the break on your car. What if that servo is burnt up? Or what if your receiver battery is dead and you're running WOT? It will become a flying missile like they said :D

Now the kill switch kills the engine when it experiences no power, lost of signal and let you kill your engine from afar with your controller.

Trip..

Trip.. said:
I just installed a hitec 805mg and it sux. Slower than hell and not enough power to steer the wheels at a standstill. The 805 has really gone downhill since the last one I bought in 07. Hitec got another 50 bux from me, but never again!
**Update**

I am running an old RC-2000MAH Nicad 7.2v pack (Hell yeah!) directly to this 805mg, she's got enough ass to swing the buggy tires while moving, but still struggles at a standstill. So I guess it's not too bad, but it's still going to be replaced with something better...

Redcat060_zps6be7f8ef.jpg

G

They give 6v specs. Have you ran them on 7.4v or higher?

Trip..

I've ran my 1257 throttle servo on 7.2, it's freakin ridiculous! .07 on 6v is pretty fast, but on 7.2 it's almost funny to watch.

Switching to my scrotum DX-3 made a significant difference as well, much more definitive and feels more linear. The stock Prince's purple underwear radio just wasn't cutting it.

G

Trip.. said:
I've ran my 1257 throttle servo on 7.2, it's freakin ridiculous! .07 on 6v is pretty fast, but on 7.2 it's almost funny to watch.Switching to my scrotum DX-3 made a significant difference as well, much more definitive and feels more linear. The stock Prince's purple underwear radio just wasn't cutting it.
Thanks man!

Chief409

I might have just set the record for the shortest stock steering servo life. I zeroed the steering servo, reattached the servo arm, adjusted the linkage to center the tires, bound the Tx and Rx (TQi) and was adjusting the endpoints in when, nada, no more, put the fork in, it's done. :(

And tried it with the stock Rx, same deal. And had just charged the battery pak.

Ordered the Hitec HS-5755MG from RcSuperstore with Priority Mail delivery after reading the servo thread. And I'll be installing a new throttle/brake servo while everything's apart. That's something I have on hand.

Thanks RCDAD for the info!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deluge

Yeah, the stock servos are iffy. I replaced mine before I even attempted to run the MT.

Chief409

I had a bad feeling about this one, it was constantly buzzing as soon as it was powered up, even with the servo arm off. Oh well. To paraphrase a song in "Paint Your Wagon", No Name Servo, No Name Servo .....

Last edited by a moderator:

Chief409

Deluge, do you have contact info for Alfred? But, I'm thinking it could make a paperweight...

Chief409

Thanks, sent a note.

I figure the new servo should show up by Tuesday.

COME ON TUESDAY! ;)

Chief409

Deluge said:
The wait is always killer. Checking the tracking info every 10 minutes doesn't help, either.
What tracking info? I go to the RC Superstore site and that says the order doesn't exist, but I have the order confirmation and shipping notice e-mails. It supposedly is coming Priority Mail, if it isn't here by Wed, I'll be on the phone. DDM shipped the Killer Bee kill switch today, also Priority Mail.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts