• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need new steering servo

Joeyg19

Guys, i do not race or anything. I just want a reliable steering servo that will not break. My stock one is fine. Also I just assume use the stock battery and charge, works fine for me. I just don't want to get another stock steering one and have it break again. I want one I can plug in and use. Thanks guys.

Trip..

I just installed a hitec 805mg and it sux. Slower than hell and not enough power to steer the wheels at a standstill. The 805 has really gone downhill since the last one I bought in 07. Hitec got another 50 bux from me, but never again!

Steer clear (pun not intended) of the hitec 805/805mg or the Tower Hobbies TS80 or Hobbico CS80 ...all the same servo, all junk!

Savox makes a hell of a servo, but it costs over a hundred bux... I should've bought that one... http://www.savoxusa.com/category_s/55.htm

REVOlutionary Rampage

Trip.. said:
I just installed a hitec 805mg and it sux. Slower than hell and not enough power to steer the wheels at a standstill. The 805 has really gone downhill since the last one I bought in 07. Hitec got another 50 bux from me, but never again!Steer clear (pun not intended) of the hitec 805/805mg or the Tower Hobbies TS80 or Hobbico CS80 ...all the same servo, all junk!

Savox makes a hell of a servo, but it costs over a hundred bux... I should've bought that one... http://www.savoxusa.com/category_s/55.htm
I've never had a problem with my Hitec 805's, and I've had them in my truck for 2+ years. I've heard Savox is a good brand though.

Joeyg19

I just want one with a direct fit that I can run with my current battery. Any cheaper than the savox?

G

As close as you can get. They fit great. Pretty much plug and play. I have the aluminum mount and the holes lined right up. It should be the same for the plastic mount as well. No shaving or trimming required.

Trip..

REVOlutionary Rampage said:
I've never had a problem with my Hitec 805's, and I've had them in my truck for 2+ years. I've heard Savox is a good brand though.
My old 805 in one of my FG M/T's from 07 was an awesome servo, these new crop of servos appear to be janky.

Joeyg19

So Im good to go still using the stock battery, radio and reciever? Figure Ill upgrade my throttle servo too when that goes bad but I like the radio.

G

Joeyg19 said:
So Im good to go still using the stock battery, radio and reciever? Figure Ill upgrade my throttle servo too when that goes bad but I like the radio.
I hope you are running a kill switch, so if your throttle gets stuck you can shut it down by the TX.

G

No. The fail safe controls the servos, but it can't controle a bad servo. A kill switch shuts down the engine from the transmitter.

Deluge

Failsafes are no good on 5th scales. You need a kill switch. A kill switch kills the engine if you lose signal, if the system glitches, or if you lose power from either the transmitter or the receiver. You can also kill it manually from the transmitter. It'll basically cover your ass in any situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts