• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XB project

designed2survive

phreerider said:
Band sander ! Yeah man. Bushing at hardware store , or McMaster . Run without see how long they last then drill for bushing , maybe check fit of existing caster bush see how that looks
Thank you phreerider! I went to the hardware store and couldn't find any of the proper size. Will keep looking. Meanwhile I may just use them like that and see how it goes like you said.

phreerider

sweet! you need the 7075rc stuff, boxes and bearing holders, unit is ready to rock man.

don't forget diff cup sleeves!

love how the one 1/4" sheet stretches ...i smell a ferocious front bumper in there somewhere

designed2survive

phreerider said:
sweet! you need the 7075rc stuff, boxes and bearing holders, unit is ready to rock man.
Thanks!

My current engine is a self ported 30.5cc (only 1 tank in it). I'm eyeballing the new G320rc for the extra torque but if my current engine is up to the task, I'll use the money to get more 7075rc parts. If not I'll get them later.

phreerider said:
don't forget diff cup sleeves!
Oh yeah, already got the copper pipe! :)

phreerider said:
love how the one 1/4" sheet stretches ...i smell a ferocious front bumper in there somewhere
You have a great sense of smell my friend! Coming soon! :) Just don't know if I want to make it out of 1/8"-1/4" aluminum or 1/4" ABS plastic. What you think?

Thanks pheerider!

Last edited by a moderator:

phreerider

maybe 1/8 with a bend so it will collapse a bit on impact.

1/4 with tapered edge bush wacker ready!

designed2survive

Ride stance.

And then you take that body off and there is all that emptiness. That roll cage got to go or grow up and fill up the front space, lol!

phreerider

looks good man, add a centered over head shot, so the width of the pan chassis is can be realized better. ....may need a big block to fill it up!

i am currently trying to fit a gp 460 into MT chassis, the 54mm clutch switch going better that i thought, gear plate works out ok, the chassis, soon as i get it, may be challenging. once i get the roller i'll start pics rolling

heres a thought , tower 2 tower ladder cage with oval cutouts (girder style beam) made from the 1/4' ...exo cage style, notch and pin so its easy off and on, definitely offers full protection

designed2survive

phreerider said:
looks good man, add a centered over head shot, so the width of the pan chassis is can be realized better. ....may need a big block to fill it up!i am currently trying to fit a gp 460 into MT chassis, the 54mm clutch switch going better that i thought, gear plate works out ok, the chassis, soon as i get it, may be challenging. once i get the roller i'll start pics rolling
That surely going to be a monster! Can't wait to see it!

phreerider said:
heres a thought , tower 2 tower ladder cage with oval cutouts (girder style beam) made from the 1/4' ...exo cage style, notch and pin so its easy off and on, definitely offers full protection
Not a bad idea at all!

designed2survive

So this 2 boxes showed up

Box 1

Box 2 ... Wait a minute I didn't even get to it yet. Reason unfortunately the jetport pipe doesn't fit. The loop in the back is too high and wide out. Bummer... Emailed Dino@jetpro, will see what happens.

meanwhile...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts