• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My Rampage XB project

designed2survive

Ildy666 said:
1 1/4" aluminum holy crap what are building the space shuttle?...lol...I was thinking about building a longer mt chassis so it's more like a losi or baja

I hate the way SC bodies look on a short chassis the wheel wells don't line up

Just got to figure out drive line lengths but that project has to wait till I get more time.
Keep us posted when you start.

Last edited by a moderator:

designed2survive

Then these showed up! Thanks RampageHopUps!

So had to mount them!

Here it is finally on four wheels

carp boyz

Banned
designed2survive said:
Thanks Carp Boyz! Yeah 1/4" is way cheaper and I like the MCF concept. With the skills you have shown in your project on HBF, I know it's going to be a great project to follow!
thanks for the kind words,no better feelin than building/designin your own mods/builds

I'll post up a complete build thread once I get goin,desperately trying to finish my new oval car but as you probably know I'm not the quickest,kinda hard when workin on 6 different builds lol

looking forward to seeing your completed build,you've got some great ideas as well,well thought out dude,some of my mods have been on the drawing board for over 4 years now

designed2survive

carp boyz said:
thanks for the kind words,no better feelin than building/designin your own mods/buildsI'll post up a complete build thread once I get goin,desperately trying to finish my new oval car but as you probably know I'm not the quickest,kinda hard when workin on 6 different builds lol

looking forward to seeing your completed build,you've got some great ideas as well,well thought out dude,some of my mods have been on the drawing board for over 4 years now
Thanks, Carp Boyz!

phreerider

Tire and wheel set looks great , coming together nice. What u change on shocks. HPI from what model?

designed2survive

phreerider said:
Tire and wheel set looks great , coming together nice. What u change on shocks. HPI from what model?
Thanks! I used the front and rear shocks set from the baja 5b. Only had to substitute the ball ends with the XB one.

phreerider

Time well spent man , good stuff. Needs bushing set! That would toughen those real nice.

carp boyz

Banned
cool

arms are next on my agenda,the only thing I'm not comfortable doin is the holes for the pins,not sure I'll be able to line them up properly with an old $150.00 drill press,gonna have them bored out at the machine shop,at the same time I'll have the bushing reemed out

must be a half descent bandsaw your using,seems to be cutting them quite square/true/straight

you trying out some hubs while your at it?

also thinking about swapping out the upper arms for some upper links as well,it'll give me a bit more clearance for some bigbore shocks if I end up going that way

man I need a mill and lathe,nothin too fancy but something,perhaps this summer

keep on fabbin man

designed2survive

carp boyz said:
coolarms are next on my agenda,the only thing I'm not comfortable doin is the holes for the pins,not sure I'll be able to line them up properly with an old $150.00 drill press,gonna have them bored out at the machine shop,at the same time I'll have the bushing reemed out

must be a half descent bandsaw your using,seems to be cutting them quite square/true/straight

you trying out some hubs while your at it?

also thinking about swapping out the upper arms for some upper links as well,it'll give me a bit more clearance for some bigbore shocks if I end up going that way

man I need a mill and lathe,nothin too fancy but something,perhaps this summer

keep on fabbin man
It's an ok bandsaw, gets the job done just takes time when cutting thick aluminum. I need to get myself a belt drive to smooth out all the edge though.

You right about the pins holes, they were the harder part to do.

I think I'll leave the hubs plastic. I need a weak point in the suspension for something to break if needed. But if they turn out to be too weak then I'll get the 7075rc hubs.

You got me drooling with the idea of owning a mill and a lathe! That's would make thing so much easier and lift the limit on the possibilities. Oh well, may be one day, LOL!

phreerider

Band sander ! Yeah man. Bushing at hardware store , or McMaster . Run without see how long they last then drill for bushing , maybe check fit of existing caster bush see how that looks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts