• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my new rampage mt v3

dirka13

Hi there so after the long wait i finally have my rampage mt v3, but before i brought it home i had the steering servos and throttle servo replaced, had a killer bee kill switch added and on back order is my new clutch,new carb,exhaust baja adapters, proline trenchers and dust covers for my filter and pull start, let me know what you think of the additions to the car if i will have a decent car with speed and durability.

first the pics

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/Dirka_Dirka13/red%20cat%20rampage/WP_000384.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/Dirka_Dirka13/red%20cat%20rampage/WP_000399.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/Dirka_Dirka13/red%20cat%20rampage/WP_000396.jpg[/img]

%5Bimg%5Dhttp%3A//i25.photobucket.com/albums/c51/Dirka_Dirka13/red%20cat%20rampage/WP_000395.jpg[/img]

this is my video of the break in, LOUD

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]JEV8UU43trs[/MEDIA][/ame]

G

You've got it covered. Just wait until she broken in. With the new pipe and about 6 tanks or so, it will be a whole new animal.

You might want to think of a taller set of gears for the new wheels.

Keith81

Alex said:
Great ride boy ,MT is the best vehicle made from RedCat
Well said!

I love my MT's !!!

These are great r/c's for what you pay!

dirka13

thanks every one, i brought it out today and there was no rain finally, so i was doing some laps on a soccer field when it started bogging down and cutting out, mix is 25:1 lucas 2 stroke semi synthetic. heres the video of it bogging down, some times it would cut out on a turn

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]lV_4Tq-Va2Q[/MEDIA][/ame]no gonna go hard till a week in or so

RC DAD what kind of gears would you recommend. ill either have trenchers or bow ties.

G

+ 1 on venting.

When the primer bulb runs dry with fuel in the tank, you probably have vacuum lock. The little hole in the cap that suppose to let air in gets clogged.

dirka13

managed to get out and finally do a bit of jumping with the rampage.

i let my friend try out the car to warm it up before i started jumping

[ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]ckbWzxEa_Bo[/MEDIA][/ame]

Marcus

Great videos.

Sounds like the low end is a bit phat still, it's very lazy at the bottom end. Also get off the gas when she's in the air like that unless it's to tweak the attitude, landing on the gas = credit card abuse :)

rcgasser

He is still running the stock pipe also seems like I remember mine sounding like that until I stop running the stick pipe I could be wrong!!!!!

dirka13

thanks for all the positive feed back everybody. this thing is a blast to play with, everyone i know says electric is the way to go, but i had more fun with this new gas truck in 2 hours of play than i did in 3 months with my aftershock 8e. glad i traded it in

big JC

Hey rcgasser, I am trying to read and collect as much info as possible before buying either the mt or xt. I see you own both and was wondering which you one you like best, is more fun etc and why. I am leaning toward the xt as it is lighter which I assume means faster and more agile. I have read through all the forums and aware of the issues with the xt but would be curious to hear what you compare them. Thanks for any help.

rcgasser

big JC said:
Hey rcgasser, I am trying to read and collect as much info as possible before buying either the mt or xt. I see you own both and was wondering which you one you like best, is more fun etc and why. I am leaning toward the xt as it is lighter which I assume means faster and more agile. I have read through all the forums and aware of the issues with the xt but would be curious to hear what you compare them. Thanks for any help.
Yes I have the MT and the XT the MT is a beast does not compare at all to the XT better built truck more durable much large in size because of the tries wheels and I beat the shit out of my MT and it will not break. Now the XT on the other hand yes its a lighter truck and is faster when its running. I have had to replace all the wheel bearing and upgraded the chubs and the rear hubs with 707s hardware. Tire foams turned to dust so i had to replace the tire foams. Had to replace with a metal gaer plate for the larger bearings because it just kept melting the plastic gear plates. So as you see I have just had to do more work on the XT to get it to run good the only thing I have had to fix on the MT is the cvd pins were falling out but once I started using boots then that problem stop. So both are fun in there own way I just really tell people to just make a personal decision on wich they would like best and go from there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online