• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

My new dunerunner v3 26cc from 3\9\10

dunerrunnner

Hi, i just got a dunerunner, is a beauty beast with some weakness.

Soon as i got it, i putted all together and started checking every screw.

so far so good, i plugged the battery charged and start testing the servos, well now the trouble, the brake/throttle servo stopped working.

I called rufater (the seller) and they told me to contact redcat, so i contacted redcat and had no response. I don't know what to do, i got the car for almost a week ad i cant run it.

For a $600 car i think they should have better consumer support.

But any way i got some pics of it with some covers that made my self and a new air filter.

Enjoy.

What pipe fits best for power/performance and look?

Last edited by a moderator:

roccos_van

Get rid of the stock throttle servo asap! Go get a $25 traxxas steering servo if you don't want to spend much; anything is better than stock.

PISTOL PETE

support

dunerrunnner said:
Hi, i just got a dunerunner, is a beauty beast with some weakness.
Soon as i got it, i putted all together and started checking every screw.

so far so good, i plugged the battery charged and start testing the servos, well now the trouble, the brake/throttle servo stopped working.

I called rufater (the seller) and they told me to contact redcat, so i contacted redcat and had no response. I don't know what to do, i got the car for almost a week ad i cant run it.

For a $600 car i think they should have better consumer support.

But any way i got some pics of it with some covers that made my self and a new air filter.

Enjoy.

What pipe fits best for power/performance and look?
i feel your pain i just spent 1250 on my mt pro v3 and the steering servos both broke in the first 10 mins of trying to break it in. still no response from redcat. support sucks. im going to try calling today. your better off just buying new servos anyway

ParkerNT

Same here on the steering Pete... I ran about 15 minutes and stripped both of them. If you want the best, get two Rhino Digi 4 servos. They're high, but the throw those big MT tires around like rag dolls, and have a lot holding power.

As far as the throttle servo, I'm still using the stock one. I've put about a gallong through this beast and still going good. Had to cross the linkage to get my failsafe to work right, but other than that, no problems yet.

Parker

Sprint 77

Contributor
With HPI costing $950 and up . A $600 large scale actulaly can't have as much customer support. How do you expect Darin to have a support staff on hand .

If you expect customer support lines and warranty claims , then maybe grand you need to lay down wouldn't seem so bad.

In this world we can't expect to have it GOOD , Fast , Cheap , and Customer service.

That is what the forum is for to help others work out the issues , not slam the importer ( Redcat ) for selling us a car with more features at 50% - 60% less than the competition.

twisted - bones

ParkerNT said:
Same here on the steering Pete... I ran about 15 minutes and stripped both of them. If you want the best, get two Rhino Digi 4 servos. They're high, but the throw those big MT tires around like rag dolls, and have a lot holding power.
As far as the throttle servo, I'm still using the stock one. I've put about a gallong through this beast and still going good. Had to cross the linkage to get my failsafe to work right, but other than that, no problems yet.

Parker
You can program the fail safe without crossing the linkages. push the brake and hold while pushing the set button on the fail safe. just an FYI

twisted - bones

Sprint 77 said:
With HPI costing $950 and up . A $600 large scale actulaly can't have as much customer support. How do you expect Darin to have a support staff on hand .
If you expect customer support lines and warranty claims , then maybe grand you need to lay down wouldn't seem so bad.

In this world we can't expect to have it GOOD , Fast , Cheap , and Customer service.

That is what the forum is for to help others work out the issues , not slam the importer ( Redcat ) for selling us a car with more features at 50% - 60% less than the competition.
I agree to somepoint but at the same time would it not make more sense to not even offer servos than to put junk servos in and create room for complaints. maybe offer a roller sans electronics or a full blown RTR with quality servos and radio for extra $. I just got the dunerunner rtr for 575 and all of the electronics were removed by me and put in the junk droor. I would have gladly paid $900(still cheaper than the hpi) for it to have come with hitech servos and a spektrum dx3 ch radio. There is rtr and there is rtb(ready to break)

Sprint 77

Contributor
twisted - bones said:
I agree to somepoint but at the same time would it not make more sense to not even offer servos than to put junk servos in and create room for complaints. maybe offer a roller sans electronics or a full blown RTR with quality servos and radio for extra $. I just got the dunerunner rtr for 575 and all of the electronics were removed by me and put in the junk droor. I would have gladly paid $900(still cheaper than the hpi) for it to have come with hitech servos and a spektrum dx3 ch radio. There is rtr and there is rtb(ready to break)
I see your point. People don't like buying someting to junk a portion of it feels like they are waisting $$ .

I think they should sell them with no electronics too.

I am just saying that we need to help others get through the pains like a customer support would as to use the forum for a "bitcin board" that turns would be newcomers away from the car.

Also not saying this thread don't have a reasonable point just saying the redcat is what it is and we can deal with it.

csp1971

Contributor
Sprint 77 said:

No one really slammed Redcat. They have a support forum set up over on RCU. I referred him there because it's for Redcat support since they don't really visit here. Not everyone that is new to this hobby would expect the servos to be shite like they are out of the box. This doesn't give a new customer/hobbyist a warm fuzzy.

I personally believe that Redcat can have better support. Anything is possible, regardless of their product cost. They make great rc's and I personally would love to see them put some better support behind their products. A little customer investment can go a long way.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I agree I would like to see them expand and improve the customer support base. I just think good ideas and discussions like we are doing here will go a long way instead of a complain session on our forum. Just asking that us senoir members try to help where we can as to chime in to a angry post.

Thanks guys

hamster huey

I see his point: an RTR thats not RTR. The HPI RTRs arent safely RTR either for around $1,000. To build them comparably though the Redcat is still cheaper and 4wd. There is a cost of including the servos. I don't know how much it is but even if the radio and servos were left off the RTR making the price cheaper more people would be happy.

dunerrunnner

Sprint 77 said:

Toyota prius is not a $70k car and has the same costumer service (or better) then Mercedes and other top brands.

(i own a Mercedes)

Price has nothing to do with the quality of service.

PISTOL PETE

ParkerNT said:

Parker
i ordered the hi tecs 5745s. they were priced right for my rc budget at the moment. i wasnt expecting to order brand new servos for a brand new truck. ehh spilt milk. what can u do right. i think i may go to the lhs and grab a t maxx steering servo for the throttle its 80 oz. of torque. it should work i just don't trust these stock servos at all now.

DON 44

Contributor
FYI next time buy from largescale r/c..order the rtr package..comes with all hi-tech servos,battery pack and 3 chan radio,all installed..And while your at it get a set of steel gears,they'll install them also...your 600 dollar headache is now about a 1000 dollar beast all hardend up and ready to gas and go..don't bother redcat about servos they can't keep up with the demand as it is..I"ve been waiting for the new buggies for 2 month's..allmost every problem or question you have has already been answered in this forum..just dig thru the threads,you'll find it,or ask somebody will know......welcome to redcat nation....

PISTOL PETE

DON 44 said:
FYI next time buy from largescale r/c..order the rtr package..comes with all hi-tech servos,battery pack and 3 chan radio,all installed..And while your at it get a set of steel gears,they'll install them also...your 600 dollar headache is now about a 1000 dollar beast all hardend up and ready to gas and go..don't bother redcat about servos they can't keep up with the demand as it is..I"ve been waiting for the new buggies for 2 month's..allmost every problem or question you have has already been answered in this forum..just dig thru the threads,you'll find it,or ask somebody will know......welcome to redcat nation....
too bad you didnt post this two weeks ago we could have avoided this whole thread

chevyderek72

Hey, sorry about the servo issues. Sometimes we get pretty busy and might not get to the phone. We are open 9-5 arizona time monday through friday. If you want to can give us a call and ask for Derek and i can help you out. If you still can't get ahold of someone, you can email me directly at [email protected] with a phone number and i can give you a call back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.