• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

my bent MT chassis

lightning73

A good quality roll cage that bolts to the front and rear shock towers will help immensely.

lightning73

There is but they are custom made, you wont find any made by any aftermarket companys. Forum member Ron E had a few made for his rigs, and they were nice pieces of hardware, but im not sure if he has any of them for sale. Hamster Huey just had one of them up for sale a couple weeks ago, but it just sold last week.

Maybe you should shoot Ron E a message and see if he can get the guy who made them for him, to make one for you. Cant hurt to ask.... ;)

csp1971

Contributor
lightning73 said:
There is but they are custom made, you wont find any made by any aftermarket companys. Forum member Ron E had a few made for his rigs, and they were nice pieces of hardware, but im not sure if he has any of them for sale. Hamster Huey just had one of them up for sale a couple weeks ago, but it just sold last week.
Maybe you should shoot Ron E a message and see if he can get the guy who made them for him, to make one for you. Cant hurt to ask.... ;)
I bought hamster's. I beat the heck out of it a couple times last night. Good and strong.

csp1971

Contributor
Cadimman said:
Definitely looks strong! Doesn't look like the full body fits on...
For a full truck body, the rear bed will have to be cut out a bit so the cage pops through, at least with the FG truck body, but it'll fit fine. The FG beetle body fits well.

csp1971

Contributor
Cadimman said:
Any idea how heavy it is?
The cage or the whole thing? The cage couldn't be more than 20-24 ounces. The whole vehicle I'm curious about myself since it has aluminum arms and the roll cage. I'll try and weigh it tomorrow to see what the total is.

Cadimman

csp1971 said:
The cage or the whole thing? The cage couldn't be more than 20-24 ounces. The whole vehicle I'm curious about myself since it has aluminum arms and the roll cage. I'll try and weigh it tomorrow to see what the total is.
I was curios of the cage. What's it made of? 6061 aluminum. I already have aluminum arms, knuckles, etc. Weighs more than my 5SC for sure!

csp1971

Contributor
Cadimman said:
I was curios of the cage. What's it made of? 6061 aluminum. I already have aluminum arms, knuckles, etc. Weighs more than my 5SC for sure!
The whole truck with a half tank of gas is 33 pounds. The cage is aluminum, but I'm not sure what type. I'm hoping Ron E can chime in and let us know.

Some day I need to get the aluminum knuckles so I can complete my giant tank. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts