• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Must have upgrades for the MT-5?

Cain

Thanks for the info everyone.

For these optional parts, few questions:

- Tuned Pipe

* Is there one you recommend?

* is there one that shoots the exhaust out the back away from the vehicle?

* Best place to buy the pipe?

- 8000 RPM clutch

* Suggestions on brand and place to buy?

- 990 or 813 carb

* what are the differences between the two?

* suggested place to buy from?

Can you elaborate (or have a link) to "venting the fuel tank". I recall something like this I think was done on the MCD I had previously, but it was basically all ready to go when I got it, so I am not sure if what I am thinking is the same thing or not.

Lastly, Are there any areas of durability concerns to address? Reading up on the XB's they seem to have more of areas you have to invest in. But it sounds like the MT doesn't?

I appologize beforehand for all the newbie questions. I have pretty much done electric only other than getting the Ike and Tina treatment (I wasn't Ike) by nitro. But having a Gasser for a brief time with the MCD was fun, I just felt too intimidated by it to feel comfortable working on it (the manual didn't help lol) but I figure with something like that that has a pretty good manual from what I have seen, should be a good place to start.

Ildy666

For durability i would temper diff. cups all around.I also made sleeves for the diff. cups.

I also made braces for the front and rear shock towers to help keep the chassis flex.

I also would do the diff brace bolts you drill out the chassis where the diff dowels go and bolt and nut it theres a sticky for that one.wrap the engine cooling vents with mesh to prevent grass and leaves from entering.and most important go over the whole truck and loctite all metal to metal contact points.there is more things to do for body,shocks,diffs but what i mentioned should keep you busy for a while..lol...good luck and have fun...

G

It all really boils down how to how hard you like to bash it. They are pretty durable out of the box, but as like all 30lb+ 5th scales when you wreck things can break.

Last edited:

Cain

thanks. honestly more so rumbling over stuff. Not looking to do 50 ft jumps etc.

Are these compatible with hpi wheels or do I need to buy a specific hex to make it work? I have heard both ways so I wanted to confirm.

G

It will be hard to find one less than $730 new. There are some package deals out there which will include some free goodies.

Cain

Big thanks for the info.

In your opinion based on what you get out of the box, do you feel its worth it in comparison to say buying an HPI baja or similar priced vehicle?

G

Redcat is going to be the best bang for the buck. All 5th scale brands need similar upgrading out of the box.

Cain

thanks for the info. The vehicle from what I am hearing really appeals to me from a looks and durability perspective.

G

Wow, are you sure it's new?

Cain

Correct, brand new.

My debate now is at that price is it worth it over trying to get a used one that has some upgrades on it. Mainly as it sounds like you junk the electronics right away?

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts