• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT with Rcmk/Zenoah full mod 29.5 7.5 HP engine

delta_kilo

So for Christmas I have talked my wife into buying me a MT along with a Rcmk/Zenoah full mod 29.5 engine to go into it.

http://www.gizmomotors.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_images.tpl&category_id=26&product_id=2229&Itemid=56

Has anyone else played with these engines in a Redcat? I know RCDAD has one but don't think it's installed yet. Is there anything I should worry about installing this in a MT?

Sergio

I just saw that I want one for my mt let me know how it works for you when you have it and install it. Any tips on convincing my wife to give such a nice gift will be greatly appreciated also

Deluge

It'll drop right in. Just keep an eye on the drivetrain. Especially if you're running the MT tires.

delta_kilo

I'm debating putting this engine in a XSC. I'm going back and forth between the MT and the XSC. I hate the looks of the body on the XSC. The engine is a for sure thing what's it's going I seems to change from day to day.

tsudo5th

I have the rcmk/cy 29.5 from gfr in my MT and would not go another way. He built the motor great. I don't run the MT tires. Also have all my diff cups greased and booted. Oh and I am running his pipe on 112 octane. [ame=

[MEDIA=youtube]LkLdbnzzC-E[/MEDIA][/ame]

delta_kilo

How it handle against bajas? I have a couple buddies who run bajas and I'll need to beat them. LOL I figure the MT will handle more abuse so I am leaning more that way. Have you have any gear or diff issues with the extra power?

G

It will all come down to your power to weight ratio. Lightest with the most power will out accelerate. However a skilled driver can have a slower car and still win on the track. :)

twissted

Banned
Driver skills at anything is always going to win. Then it comes to power and traction. Weight is a factor. keeping low and weight unsprung is also whats need in a great car. Rolling resitance is another. Wheel camber is also somethingthat will change on the type of track and type of racing such a ovel tracks will have a different set up as to one that the car is going in different directions. or setiing up for drag racing. this will get you into spring rates that are set up for launching as weight is transfered to the rear, and with that your also into damping of the shocks the is set for weight as well as temps. that weather brings to the game. Did I miss anything. Bottom line it about control and in that the better drivers will have a machine that conciders these factures. I get spanked at the track by kids that are great drivers and "dads" are in tune with the tracks and make for a grate team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guantanamo Joe

I have no skills, so lets talk straight line drag strip... how does the GIZMO compare to stock? If both were in the same truck with the same drivetrain components... would it just blow the stock motor away?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts