• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mt Upgrade questions!

Rc-Rookie

Ok so I been on here asking questions about an XT I just bought and then I ordered all kinds of parts for it. Well all my parts are here now but I just got a good deal on a new MT so now I want to upgrade the MT instead because I see everyone saying its so much better. I was wondering if the parts I ordered for my XT are great parts for the MT or not? Here's what I ordered.

please let me know if they are great for the MT or not because if theres a lot better parts i'd rather return the parts and get ones for the MT

1. HS-5765MH HV digital quarter scale steering servo

2. HS-645MG Ultra Torque T/B servo

3. af371- DT1 Large Scale RC Foam Filter- Triple Flow

4. Killer Rc replacement power switch

5. DDM "Black Magic" 6v Ni-MH 5000mAh hump receiver battery pack

6. High Response Clutch shoe & spring set 8k

7. Modified walbro WT 990 high performance carburetor with throttle shaft bearings installed

8. DDM Dominator Side Pipe

9. Killer RC "Super Bee" Failsafe/Kill Switch Combo

I am new to RC and I'm trying to build my truck as good as I can pretty much I might be going over board for my first truck but oh well I want to run hard! So now Im going to sell the XT with the extras I have for that and build the MT

Last edited by a moderator:

Dreggsta

when i did my research i looked over the xb, xt & mt. i think the mt def has better parts but the wheels & tires turned me off bc i can only imagine the strain it puts on the drivetrain. in my other experiences w/atv's & trucks, big wheels/tires really strains things & causes premature wear not to mention performance. i opted for the xt bc of the gearing & wheels/tires. i know they are still big but they're not MT big.

all those parts should work on the MT to my knowledge. i have a lot of similar parts on my XT. i do believe the MT has 2 steering servos tho. XT or MT, i don't think you can go wrong either way.

blak__jak

all the parts you mentioned will work with the m/t but as stated above the m/t v3 has duel steering servos and they are a known week spot. I kind'a think mostly because people don't take the time to make sure they're set up correctly. you can't have them constantly fighting each other or they will fail prematurely for sure. I also agree with Dreggsta I feel that If you run something like proline trenchers your drive parts will last longer. between the weight and the out of balance issues with the stock wheels and tires they seem to put a lot of unnecessary strain on the drive train. all in all though the m/t is quite a beast. I think you'll find you love it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.