• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mt Tires 9.25lbs vs. Proline Tires 5.5lbs

hamster huey

My stock MT tires/wheels weigh in at around 9 to 10.5 lbs and the Excavator/Desperados weigh in at 5.5lbs. the Prolines save 4+lbs which will make your car accelerate faster, able to gear for higher top speed (less work for motor), less wear and tear on suspension, faster turning response (less work for servo), more responsive suspension, less wear and tear, Im sure you can think of more. The pink scale is not mine either, borrowed from wife.

The dial was hard to read/inaccurate beyond 8 lbs (see picture) so I went back and weighed only 2 mounted MT tires and got 5lbs 5oz so four weigh 10lbs 10oz!?

I have another set of 2 that is 4lbs 12oz from V3. I don't know why Im getting to different weights on a V2 and V3.

Last edited by a moderator:

noyb98098

All true and good! But, it didt seem to stop this MT from moving! :cool: Plus I'm just a sucker for the bigger tires!

csp1971

Contributor
kryptonite said:
you guys better stop running game on that pink!! if your un aware.. my construction truck is white with pink ladder racks and pink racing stripes..
http://www.progressive-pa.com/
There is nothing wrong with being in touch with your feminine side mary ka....errrr.....krypt.... :D

That being said, everyone in town surely knows your truck and company. Definitely a great way to market your painting services!

kryptonite

tho im missing the pink scale.. have to search ebay.

but that is a good comparison. just goes to show how much un-sprung wait we can lose by swapping rubber.

yolonda21

Contributor
mooman007uk said:
I definitely find getting bigger air is easier with the desparadoes but it's easier to control in the air with the mt tires (more gyroscopic affect with the extra weight). No problem spinning them up off the line and i reckon it may be faster off the line due to the added traction. As soon as my steel gears arrive I'll be going back to the mt tires for the most part on my MT and have my tt/truggy using my excavators, hostileAT's, tt tires and paddles.
+1....to that.....♠

nanoali

:eek: dumb qst: im almost sure that im wrong but.... is there some wheel in that excavator tires? i cant see them :confused:

Sucram

hamster huey said:
the Excavator/Desperados weigh in at 5.5lbs.
excavators are the tyres and desperado are the wheels.

Ron E

Contributor
the excavators look great but the traction is not that great. they did not hook at all on a dry track at largescalerc and even in my yard damp dirt and sand they wouldn't hook. I like the size, I wanted something taller and real looking on my truck but... they just don't hook. i'm looking for other taller options.

2010fieldtrip051-1.jpg

2010fieldtrip052.jpg

chevy

Hamster just a question if you remember did they almost come close in height and width compaired to the stock mt wheels??? In the picture they look pretty close in size?? Also rob you mentioned the trenchers Are those close in height and width to the stock mt wheels?

98cruiser

hamster huey said:
My stock MT tires/wheels weigh in at around 9 to 10.5 lbs and the Excavator/Desperados weigh in at 5.5lbs. the Prolines save 4+lbs which will make your car accelerate faster, able to gear for higher top speed (less work for motor), less wear and tear on suspension, faster turning response (less work for servo), more responsive suspension, less wear and tear, Im sure you can think of more. The pink scale is not mine either, borrowed from wife.

The dial was hard to read/inaccurate beyond 8 lbs (see picture) so I went back and weighed only 2 mounted MT tires and got 5lbs 5oz so four weigh 10lbs 10oz!?

I have another set of 2 that is 4lbs 12oz from V3. I don't know why Im getting to different weights on a V2 and V3.
Hamster, where can I find those wheels and tires for a good price????? are they close in size though?? I really like the big look, but im welling to go down a tad bit to make it faster (not too much though) lolol

hamster huey

ebay, largescalerc, davesmotors,towerhobbies,amainhobbies, etc.

I run badlands and bow ties now to save even more weight and gain more traction.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts