• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT lightweight rims tires!!

bigcat

Hello anything new out there yet for lightweight rims and tires for the Redcat MT...ANYONE?

ika

I drove only 2 times but it nice.

I think performance gain for mass reduction is noticeable.

Slimneill

Does anyone have dimensions for LOSI Rims (I only have stock MT rims)? I have a 3d printer and would be interesting to see how well they hold up if i design away some of the weaknesses.

Any one that would e willing to measure or help or links to discussions would be great.

Slimneill

Yeah, I saw a video of how they are assembled. Lots of geometry.

Is there a reason why I only see 24mm Hub adapters for HPI wheels and not Losi? Will Losi wheels not fit and clear the Rampage suspension uprights? I ask becuase I can get a full set of Desert Buggy XL wheels & tires & hubs for really cheap. Just wondering if it will work.

I know the stock hub is 22mm on the MT and the rest of the industry uses 24mm. You can get the 24mm adapter for the rampage. Is the rampage axle that goes through the hub adapter a different OD then what is found on HPI/LOSI? I'm curious if a set of desertbuggy hubs will fit the rampage axles?

Or are the the competition's axles thicker which won't let this happen.

Thanks for the help. I'm in Canada so experimenting costs a fortune in shipping if I'm not correct.

hysinthius

RampageHopUps said:
The 24mm hubs fit both HPI and Losi. Only the thread is different. You can use Losi rims with HPI adapters and visa versa.
Only wheels I have had issues with so far have been the king rovan wheels. I had to punch them out with a drill bit a hair as the metal insert in the wheel was a 1/10th of a inch small for the 7075rc adapters. Off the top of my head I believe I used a 3/4" drill bit.

JD

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.