• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mt front chassis

jtphillips23

Is the from of the chassis supposed to be kicked up a little and if so how much. It seems my front center driveshaft is binding up. There is a very slight kick up on my chassis but I bought it used so don't know if its supposed to be there or not. May be the reason it was being ran 2 wheel drive by the previous owner or I may just have an issue. Any help is appreciated.

G

Yep the front section angles up a few deg. under the front diff.

jtphillips23

You know exactly how much or if anyone else has a problem with that driveshaft binding?

jtphillips23

Here a pic. Don't know how much that will help.

G

That looks ok, but there should be some play in the front shaft.

G

Is there anything in the back of the cups? Some use fuel line to keep the dog bones centered.

jtphillips23

No they are empty. Since I've had it I haven't even flipped it to bend chassis. There is maybe a 1/16 in. Of play in that shaft.

DreamState

Hey, I'm the previous owner, been away from rc since I sold it but getting back into it so wanted to check up on the site.

I ran it 2 wheel drive to make it faster with those heavy MT tires I was running. I did have a front impact with one of those sneaky trees one time but didn't notice any damage, but I wasn't running the front shift so I wouldn't know about the binding. I'm sure you have it fixed by now but if not, I believe the chassis is not heat treated aluminum, so you should be able to bent it back down a little without it cracking if it is bent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts