• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT front chassis brace

rcguy5

Hey Guys, is the aluminum version required or does the stock plastic one do the job?

Since I am here is there any kind of bracing I should add for the rear on my MT.

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
G

The MT has a nice chassis. It does not flex as much as the X-series vehicles. The MT really doesn't need additional bracing. Some have made steel cages which make it rock solid but that's overkill.

Fearless

Gts 666 did some thing nice that ai liked so I kinda copy the guy hey Gts hope u don't mind man I don't know if was necessary but I did and looks cool.

G

That does a great job of reinforcing those towers. That is a nice MT for sure! If I remember correctly he just flattened the ends of the tube to bolt it up.

rcguy5

Thanks guys,

I am leaving the brace as is after reading rcdad' post. My aproach so far with this truck is to hit every known or possibly unreliable part as well as upping the power with the OBR. I want to make it durable and powerfull!!

Mike

Fearless

RCDAD said:
That does a great job of reinforcing those towers. That is a nice MT for sure! If I remember correctly he just flattened the ends of the tube to bolt it up.
Thanks rc dad by the way was able to give a try on my new gizmo engine yesterday sick and crazy engine did post couple short videos on pictures.

GTS 666

Fearless said:
Gts 666 did some thing nice that ai liked so I kinda copy the guy hey Gts hope u don't mind man I don't know if was necessary but I did and looks cool.
No probs man I only got the idea from someone else on here. I like the extra bracing for the towers helps to stop most if not all the flex. MT looking nice.

krashkrieg

Contributor
I recently did the same thing with some Chromoly steel...should do the trick for any crazy nose dives after attempting to jump the beast.

Last edited by a moderator:

krashkrieg

Contributor
Thanks RCdad, that chromoly is a b*tch to work with, but well worth the support.

Previously I used some 3/16" x 1/2" flat aluminum as braces (in my older pics) but that bent a little on a crazy nose dive jumping down a big hill....chassis was OK though.

G

Yep, Chromoly is very rigid. It is more difficult to work with. It's tough to bend.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Since everyone likes videos, and I only posted this once a while ago, here is the tumble that bent the aluminum braces...(@ 1:15) I was recording with camera mounted to my radio.

[ame]

[/ame]

G

The brace must have helped some if it bent. It might have saved other parts. Somehow I missed that video. This is the first time watching for me.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I built a cromoly cage for my my way back when I first got it . I posted pics of the progress on the mod I will check the posts. To find a link.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts