• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT factory upgrade pipe

RAMJET

Has anyone used the factory upgrade pipe for the MT. How do they hold up . I know there are a lot better pipes, wondering if this one was any good .Sound is not a problem for me and I'm not looking for mad power I just want it to breath a bit better .That stock muff is sooooo ugly I can't stand it ,must be a real power sucker too .

anyway thanks for any input .cheers Roger

sorry placed in wrong thread .

Last edited by a moderator:
G

Better than stock. But they break easy. There aluminum which will eventually crack on you. When they get really hot they start to melt, meaning they get very soft and bend.

RAMJET

thanks rcdad , I have one that's never been used . I have also read somewhere they break , I wonder if it would help to cut the pipe 1/2 way through the bend and use a teflon or silicone coupler to take the stress of that long thin pipe.

GTS 666

My original one broke First day after having a severe crash and I had to cut it anyway to repair the massive dent in it by the time I stuffed around with it trying to make it work by joining it and buying hose to join it with I was better off going with a propper tuned pipe which can be basically fitted and not have to worry about.

G

thanks rcdad , I have one that's never been used . I have also read somewhere they break , I wonder if it would help to cut the pipe 1/2 way through the bend and use a teflon or silicone coupler to take the stress of that long thin pipe.
If you want to use it. The adding a silicon coupler will make it last a while. Cut a section out of it. Then hook it back together with a the coupler.

Last edited:
G

Here are some picks of what another member did.

9371b75a.jpg

ef6b2437.jpg

909b7d1e.jpg

35f2e3ff.jpg

RAMJET

thanks Rcdad that is exactly what I had in mind,I figured it would take some stress off the header ,I ran it today and it perked the motor up quite well,noise was not to bad , I will take it back off and do the mod before I have any trouble.

cheers Roger

rcgasser

RCDAD said:
Better than stock. But they break easy. There aluminum which will eventually crack on you. When they get really hot they start to melt, meaning they get very soft and bend.+1 They are really carp the 2 I have used after a while broke or melted which way you want to put it at the last bend So I am not sure if where you have it marked will really help but it might.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts