• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MT Best 24mm Tire?

Dreggsta

TheCount said:
Those are cool but would significantly hurt your speed.

Hey jlw, I put some pics up in my truggy pic thread of my new hobbies. They are 7 1/8" tall, lighter & narrower. They are a front/rear set. The extra height w/my 29/31 gearing should give me some more top end but the weight savings still keeps things snappy. W/the 998 & Dom pipe it squats the rear & tries to lift the tires up from a dead stop. Just thpt you'd like to see the pics. They grip great in the grass & break loose on dirt. The narrower fronts really help the steering & tracking too. I had fun til my Ackerman popped out again. I'm a fix that today lol.

G

I've those build vids. Way cool!

Cain

anyone got any opinions on the two type of tires on sale right now at RC4wd? thinking of either the Dune Reaper or the Ruff Riders. I like the fact the Dune Reapers are in a slightly softer compound but I like the tread depth of the ruff riders?

G

I like the look of the Ruff Riders. RC4WD makes some cool look'n tires for sure. I find that they don't last as long as the Hostiles.

Cain

kind of a side question. what wheels do you guys seem to prefer for performance, the Baja 5B rears or the 5SC rears, or even the narrow Baja 5B fronts?

Cain

cool. Do you have a pic of them mounted on an MT/TT vehicle? curious to see what they look like on all 4 corners. I found some tires that I am very interested in from imex that are listed as fronts though.

Cain

well, to build, anyone got opinions on the tires that come from Rovan or King motors? They have a set that I like the looks of, but use an alloy hex versus just the alloy ring around the hex.

I have had what I believe were Rovan's in the past and they were really plasticy in feel for a lack of a better word. but it was a different type of tire so curious it maybe it was a one off issue.

G

Depending on how hard you drive will determine weather you will like them or not. Most of the Rovan wheels and tires are all copies. They are not as good in terms of quality or materials as the originals. They will wear quicker and damage easier. They are copies of HPI, Proline and Hostile. They are inexpensive, so if you don't like them, you are not out much.

Cain

Thanks for the info.

Right now I am hoping to hear back from someone who has some trenchers for sale. I like the looks of them on the vehicle, and there is a vid of a Desert Rat that look spretty cool to me on youtube that i wouldn't mind replicating somewhat.

But if that falls through, maybe I'll give those a short or, maybe those other ones from RC 4wd that work on 5SC wheels. Those look pretty cool, albeit, with less agressive tread. But at $50 for a full set, worth considering.

hey, do you have a preference for wheels? Is the one brand that stands out for durability?

G

I have used both Proline and Silverback with no issues to report.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts