• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

More body problems

amstel78

So a few weeks ago, the body on my XB cracked by the cutout for the pull start handle. Today I noticed that the rear body mounting holes were also cracked and broken. I emailed Redcat and they state this isn't a warranty issue. Should it be? I've never had a lexan body break so quickly before except for this one.

rampagemt

If you stick with stock body, shoe goo and drywall tape will prolong the life of the body

amstel78

andyken said:
How cold was it when you had it out?that just sounds wrong...
Lol. It was fairly cold, maybe about 38 or 40 degrees. The crack by the pull start cut out I can understand, but the cracking and breaking of the rear body post holes has me wondering. I think when they punched our drilled those holes out, it weakened the thinnest area that vibration alone did it.Btw, I've driven my Losi 5ive much harder and have yet to see any cracks in the lexan body panels.Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2 uploadfromtaptalk1357606651382.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1357606669058.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1357606651382.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1357606669058.jpg

/monthly_2013_01/uploadfromtaptalk1357606651382.jpg.4ca5a7beaeeffdb82c44f29a10480b33.jpg

/monthly_2013_01/uploadfromtaptalk1357606669058.jpg.5de74b931074543e4b55edc8fdd694ca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

amstel78

rampagemt said:
If you stick with stock body, shoe goo and drywall tape will prolong the life of the body
Well I'll stick with the stock body and patch it up the best I can. I was hoping red cat would have treated this as a warranty issue as I have only had the car for a few weeks and it hasn't been abused.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

BertR

they wouldn't do my xt body or the xsc:D
:D

amstel78

BertR said:
they wouldn't do my xt body or the xsc:D
I'm not surprised. But don't worry, that'll buff right out. :D

RampageHopUps

So you are comparing your $200 Losi body to a $40 Redcat body? Maybe try the Grafil body if you want true Lexan.

amstel78

RampageHopUps said:
So you are comparing your $200 Losi body to a $40 Redcat body? Maybe try the Grafil body if you want true Lexan.
No I'm not comparing the two directly. The Losi body is thicker and less flexible.I only mentioned the Losi since I was running both in the cold weather. I would have thought the Losi body would have cracked first... especially since I've driven it more than the XB.

Regardless, the lexan used by Redcat isn't that great. Just saying...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

amstel78

rampagemt said:
Haha so like plastic lol
Well, Lexan is a polycarbonate polymer. So it's essentially plastic. Just a specially formulated and trade-marked type of plastic.

The body used on the XB is probably a cheap knock-off with some of the compounds used to maintain elasticity in colder climates missing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts