• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mirage

Stumpdiggitty

Nah, i gotta send the old one back. Got the new one today! Vid is uploading as we speek. Check my channel! I cant post the vid here, using cellphone lol. Its awesome. Didnt catch on fire. Now i will commence in putting in the savox and airtronics.. Yay!

Stumpdiggitty

here we go.. don't know if the battery died or what, but bout 5 mins after this, it just crawled to a stop, so i put it up until i can get all my stuff in it. seemed a little glitchy right before it stopped. this is my first electric in 27 years (besides playing with my kids) so i don't really know what i'm doing yet lol..just a quick vid, with my impatient 8yo taping...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsRdUyGsPCM[/ame]

andyken

Stumpdiggitty said:
here we go.. don't know if the battery died or what, but bout 5 mins after this, it just crawled to a stop, so i put it up until i can get all my stuff in it. seemed a little glitchy right before it stopped. this is my first electric in 27 years (besides playing with my kids) so i don't really know what i'm doing yet lol..just a quick vid, with my impatient 8yo taping...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsRdUyGsPCM
Not sure but low batt cut off from lipo getting tired..?

I have not done electric ...almost as long as you.

Stumpdiggitty

Yeah, thats what im thinkin too. We'll. Find out when i stick this other pack in there. They did let me keep the other lipo, so now i have 2, which is cool, and a 4s on the way! Stay tuned for that run lol

Stumpdiggitty

ok, so i couldnt wait and popped in the fully charged lipo. man, this thing boogies.. the battery that came with it mustve been almost dead cause it prolly goes about 5 mph faster than its going in the vid.. shit! i don't even know if i wanna try a 4s in it. Noticed the receiver flopping around inside, so i wont drive it again until its changed out, thats prolly what was causing the glitching..Love it so far!!

redthomas

Cool man.. I'd lock tite everything.. I keep dropping screws lost steering post screw last night, not a big deal but it ended my racing early..gonna clean mine and go through the whole thing.. after that it should be reliable.

Stumpdiggitty

yeah, its resting until my AMain order gets here, then i'll tear it apart and double check everything inside..decided not to get the 4s and get the bumper set from T Bone Racing lol.. its fast enough for my right now as it is.. totally pleased with this one so far..oh yeah, this being my first electric and all, what needs to be loctited on these lil things? thanks for the tips Thomas! how those adapters working out?

Last edited by a moderator:

andyken

I would loc tite all set screws, drive cups etc.

Not sure what size the mirage axles are, I recently got some 17mm adapters for a slash [5mm axle] to run buggy tires on my jato.

{the jato is awesome, 57mph on gps...mostly in a wheely!}

They are like the ones on my revo [6mm axle] .

There are a lot of buggy and truggy tire options for 17mm, fairly cheap.

andyken

...There is a mirage on e-bay...listed as a roller.

No radio, no esc, no battery or charger ...$210 + 15 shipping ?

A bit much ? Seeing brand new rtr is $299 ?

It must be like a Harley...going up in value?

Stumpdiggitty

Lol. Yeah, thats a bit steep. Got the savox servo and the Airtronics Mx-V system installed and the response is 100% better. Absolute pleasure to drive! Hasnt caught fire yet! Tbone racing bumpers and side panels on the way. Decided to go for protection vs. More SPEED LOL.. its plenty fast already!

Cca

andyken said:
...There is a mirage on e-bay...listed as a roller.No radio, no esc, no battery or charger ...$210 + 15 shipping ?

A bit much ? Seeing brand new rtr is $299 ?

It must be like a Harley...going up in value?
That is if you're foolish and buy a HD to began with :Dlol

samsung galaxy note 2

redthomas

Stump. Glad your enjoying it this time round..I'm having issues with screws.. spend some time local fighting..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.