• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mirage

andyken

Stumpdiggitty said:
So after no trackin updates, i called the po in Tx. Come to find out, these guys ship the slowest damn way possible. It is free shipping, but this is frickin ridiculous. 8-10 days. Economical shipping is what the lady told me.. So if anyone wants a Mirage, order from somewhere else if u want it in a timely m@nner...
Did you get it yet?

Stumpdiggitty

Nope. Still waiting. Seems like they take their sweet ass time. Its in salt lake city tho! 7 day from texas to scl. Prolly another 3 days from slc to me, which is a 3hr drive. Ridiculous. Ive ordered cars before, parts etc, and this is the longest anything has EVER taken. Shoot, my xsc came in 3 days, but that was from Rob.... To be continued....

redthomas

I absolutely hate waiting.. I always pay for express shipping ,but even then I'm inpatient. Once I pay, I want my toys..lol. I was going for the mirage but endded up going with the back draft 8e..its 4s but if the mirage is anything like it, you guys will be pleased.. the back draft is a monster..make sure you get a steering servo ready. The bullshit they used in these cars are junk. The servo came seconds from catching my whole car on fire..thing on the mirage is you won't see the servo till its too late..

Cca

redthomas said:
I absolutely hate waiting.. I always pay for express shipping ,but even then I'm inpatient. Once I pay, I want my toys..lol. I was going for the mirage but endded up going with the back draft 8e..its 4s but if the mirage is anything like it, you guys will be pleased.. the back draft is a monster..make sure you get a steering servo ready. The bullshit they used in these cars are junk. The servo came seconds from catching my whole car on fire..thing on the mirage is you won't see the servo till its too late..
Yeah that's true with all the screws you have to remove :mad: . It was kind of a silly design by them.

samsung galaxy note 2

andyken

redthomas said:
I wonder if the backdraft shares any parts with the mirage.

I see the backdraft has 17mm hex...and mirage is a12mm..

Could the backdraft hex fit the mirage?.

Stumpdiggitty

Yay! It came! Put the batteries in and drove it from the kitchen to the front door, then it started smoking pink. Freaked out, took it to the front yard where it proceeded to catch on fire. Melted everything inside. Esc shorted out i guess, cuz thats where the meltind is the most..

Ebb75

That blows man. You didnt even get to drive it?

Stumpdiggitty

Drove it 10 ft in the house before the wife noticed the pink smoke pouring out of it.. Pretty disappointed, especially after waiting for it this long...

Ebb75

Well its good they givin you another one.

redthomas

Dose it have a black and red hexfly servo in it.. mine is mounted next to the esc and that's what it did.. started to smoke, then you could see a red dot through the case of the servo. It would of did the same thing if I hadn't caught it and unplugged the battery..I have the axial exo terra buggy, which looks like the mirage . I can't imagine what happened to you. They're designed in a way that once it starts to burn there's no way to stop it.. sorry that happened to you.

Stumpdiggitty

So what actually causes it? What can i change on the new one coming? I have a savox i can put in. Move them further apart? This really sux.. Specially cause the wife & kids were there watching as this thing goes up in the house lol...i don't know what was inside. I didnt even open it to look. Next one will be thoroughly checked

redthomas

I don't really know what causes it, mabey the servo can't hold the power the receiver is letting through. I was running at the track and just happened to be coming in and smelled something burning. Pulled the body and seen the servo glowing. Like I said. I was lucky cause I could pull my body and stop it. I'm sure it uses the same hobby wing esc, so I doubt it was the culprit. Its a pretty good component. I would use that savox, in any case its gonna provide better steering and they don't burn.are they letting you keep the burned car?

andyken

Stumpdiggitty said:
So what actually causes it? What can i change on the new one coming? I have a savox i can put in. Move them further apart? This really sux.. Specially cause the wife & kids were there watching as this thing goes up in the house lol...i don't know what was inside. I didnt even open it to look. Next one will be thoroughly checked
Did you get the new one? any update?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.