• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Mirage

Stumpdiggitty

Just got ordered the new Mirage! cant wait to try it out. My first electric in about 28yrs!! ordered it from ThirdCoastRC via paypal (5% back). Had them solder on Traxxas connectors (cause thats what my sons charger uses) and had them install the aluminum hexes and it shipped all together for $287!! Very pleased with their service and soldering was free. just charged me $5 for the actual connectors..Way to go guys!! I'll report back in a few days with thoughts and maybe even a vid!!

Stumpdiggitty

Heard nuthin but good so far from the guys runnin them on utube. 59mph on 4s, 42mph bone stock.. Durable.. Cant wait!

Cca

I have to say I have been eyeing these as well. I was thinking of buying 2 one for my son and myself lol. But yes if you can show some videos and pics would be cool. Even if you can do a size comparison next to a 1\10 th scale is what im curious about?

G

This might help.

Stygian

Banned
This is my favorite electric car it's a 1/10th scale. It does 70+mph the only bad thing is it's 2wd so it's hard to keep the front end down going to get a wheelie bar for it.

Cca

Stygian said:
This is my favorite electric car it's a 1/10th scale. It does 70+mph the only bad thing is it's 2wd so it's hard to keep the front end down going to get a wheelie bar for it.
Been their done that :D when I bought my rusler I was a idiot and bought 3s packs for it. So never owning a Lipo before it was crazy fast and also heat issues as well. Wheelie bar is for sure needed on this no doubt! Size wise I thought it would be a little bigger then 1/10 scale truck it's not off by all that much hmm. Thanks for the photos looking good :D

Stygian

Banned
Yeah I thought it would've a little bigger too being a truck but it's all good. The battery also longs for ever, I have played with it for about 45+minutes and still haven't ran the battery dead on it.

Cca

That's cool, have to love that with running the lipo's. have you guys tryed these packs http://www.specpointbatteries.com/index.php?categoryID=13 awesome packs and great value! I had Many of theirs and never had a problem with any, IMO there actually under rated then what's labeled on them. How is the mirage holding up so far any broken parts as of yet? People always bash redcat for parts availability. But I have no LHS around me that carry any brand of parts I own so I order anyways (stinks but oh well).Plus these are cheap parts off ebay amazon ect usually with free shipping to. And thats how I started with traxxas vehicles, but my LHS is a hour drive away. So it's easier to just do the click and wala it's at your door in a few days for me.

Stumpdiggitty

Havent got it yet and im kinda upset. It was dropped off at the po on thursday morning and has been sitting there since... Suppose to get here Wednesday. I will for sure get some vids up when it gets here tho. Count on that. Bad thing is, wifes laid claim to it so i might have to get another one lol.. Guess its good thats shes into the hobby too, but then again its not lol.. Stay tuned!

andyken

Stumpdiggitty said:
Havent got it yet and im kinda upset. It was dropped off at the po on thursday morning and has been sitting there since... Suppose to get here Wednesday. I will for sure get some vids up when it gets here tho. Count on that. Bad thing is, wifes laid claim to it so i might have to get another one lol.. Guess its good thats shes into the hobby too, but then again its not lol.. Stay tuned!
Very tempted to purchase....

What was your final $$$ deal you got again? $285 shipped?

G

Stumpdiggitty said:
That's ok you can get yourself the 5th scale version for yourself. :D

andyken

Stumpdiggitty said:
Just got ordered the new Mirage! cant wait to try it out. My first electric in about 28yrs!! ordered it from ThirdCoastRC via paypal (5% back). Had them solder on Traxxas connectors (cause thats what my sons charger uses) and had them install the aluminum hexes and it shipped all together for $287!! Very pleased with their service and soldering was free. just charged me $5 for the actual connectors..Way to go guys!! I'll report back in a few days with thoughts and maybe even a vid!!
I'm interested, traxxas plugs I like....

I'd like to add, 17mm hex kit, to run buggy tires.

Contact info?

Stumpdiggitty

. Im trying to stay away from another 5th scale after my XSC project lol.. I need sumpin a bit cheaper to build on for summer, but those 5th scale sandrails are awesome lookin. Hopefully they make a conversion for the xsc, id def be into doin that! Just the buggy itself was 285 shipped. Total price formine with hexes and plugs was 297.. Typo earlier...

Last edited by a moderator:

Stumpdiggitty

So after no trackin updates, i called the po in Tx. Come to find out, these guys ship the slowest damn way possible. It is free shipping, but this is frickin ridiculous. 8-10 days. Economical shipping is what the lady told me.. So if anyone wants a Mirage, order from somewhere else if u want it in a timely m@nner...

G

The vehicles have to be shipped ground freight. That's never fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.