• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

metal shavings in chassis

kbreaux100

so i keep finding metal shavings in my chassis underneath my motor. it really scared me and i couldnt figure out where it was coming from. i took my motor out today to install a new pipe, and when i started putting the screws that go through my gear plate and into my clutch housing, tada, i see the shavings are coming from my clutch housing holes. is this normal? has anyone else noticed this. and yes, im sure i havent cross threaded anything, the screws are going in staraight and easy, and im not over toquing them either. also, i know thry are metal cuz i picked em up with a magnet. funny thing is, my threads are still working perfectly

G

The shavings can't be from the clutch housing if they stuck to the magnate. The clutch housing is aluminum. The shavings are most likely coming from the center diff gears or a possible worn bearing.

kbreaux100

thing is, i watched them fall out the back of the holes as i screwed the screws through the back end. thats how i knew they were coming from the clutch housing. i am definitely stumped on this one. and it was quite a bit of shavings too., came out all three holes, theyre pretty new screws, i replaced them a few days ago, i guess its gotta be from the screws then

G

Could be screw threads I guess. They would be steel. Very strange indeed.

G

Whaaaaat?? We are talking about the clutch case right?

You must have somth'n special. I only know of aluminum versions. A magnate won't stick to any of mine.

kbreaux100

yeh i feel stupid. i erased that post. i used a strong magnet from a brushless motor and it was pulling through to the clutch bell!!! ha ha ha . sorry bout that

G

kbreaux100 said:
yeh i feel stupid. i erased that post. i used a strong magnet from a brushless motor and it was pulling through to the clutch bell!!! ha ha ha . sorry bout that
NBD! That magnate is strong. :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts