• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Measuring squish when re-installing head.

alfred e numan

DreamState said:
I have ran 110 race fuel a few times in my old baja with stock 26cc and a pipe, and I ran it in modded motors also. It makes the motor harder to tune and lost a little rpm. Smelled so much better though. 92-94 ethanol free race gas would be perfect. To bad no one sells that any where near here. My main reason for running it was smell. My RC goes in the trunk when I take it places and with pump gas my car smells like a weed eater, even with castor 927 oil.
Talk to the local stock car racers. The ethanol free pump gas is stored-sold at bulk plants- or tank farms. Looking at what has happened to Americas corn crop in the heat-no rain this summer, not 1 ear of corn should ever be used agan to make ethanol.-- Keep an eye on the price of food- its gonna skyrocket soon.

G

The local stock car racers??? You say that like we all just have one around the corner. LOL

Just bustin your chops a little. :)

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
You can re-use the head gasket since you haven't ran the engine, yet. As GTS said, you don't want to check it on the intake or the exhaust port side. The piston will rock and give you an inaccurate reading. Check it on the clutch side and the flywheel side. Use the method I posted, it's the most accurate.
I really like your method Deluge, but because I don't want to take off the head.... I will measure it from the spark plug hole :D I will do it multiple time and make sure its align to the bearing of the head that's running from the clutch and the flywheel side. I might even turn the solder into a T shape and insert it and measure too :D I will measure it multiple time :D

Deluge

tsudo5th said:
The motor gfr just built for me will be running 112 race fuel due to higher compression.
112?! What's the compression ratio on that? My ESP 30.5 Champ port is at about 14:1 and it runs fine on 87.

Deluge

DreamState said:
I have ran 110 race fuel a few times in my old baja with stock 26cc and a pipe, and I ran it in modded motors also. It makes the motor harder to tune and lost a little rpm. Smelled so much better though. 92-94 ethanol free race gas would be perfect. To bad no one sells that any where near here. My main reason for running it was smell. My RC goes in the trunk when I take it places and with pump gas my car smells like a weed eater, even with castor 927 oil.
That's why most people run it. The smell.

G

Deluge said:
That's why most people run it. The smell.
At least we're not all running nitromethane. We would have watering eyes at the track making it harder to see our cars. I have a bud that use to race quads his ran on nitromethane. He was into hill racing at the dunes. If you were not out front you would be feeling the burn from the competitions exhaust.

Deluge

ChuenouXiao said:
I really like your method Deluge, but because I don't want to take off the head.... I will measure it from the spark plug hole :D I will do it multiple time and make sure its align to the bearing of the head that's running from the clutch and the flywheel side. I might even turn the solder into a T shape and insert it and measure too :D I will measure it multiple time :D
Nice. Post your results.

G

ChuenouXiao said:
Wow... so what's the direction on how to use it? Does it really work? Is it safe? Won't damage my engine? Anything I should know?
A capful to a quart of fuel. A bottle lasts me two gallons. It makes the fuel and exhaust smell good. It really works. I use the bubble gum. It does not hurt the engine or hinder performance in any way.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
A capful to a quart of fuel. A bottle lasts me two gallons. It makes the fuel and exhaust smell good. It really works. I use the bubble gum. It does not hurt the engine or hinder performance in any way.
Wow... talk about luxury :D I like it.... will have to test it out whenever I can :D But I would imagine smelling the gasoline ether scented or not, it's not safe right? :D

G

But I would imagine smelling the gasoline ether scented or not, it's not safe right?
Yeah...

I don't recommend using your scented RC two stroke fuel for air freshener or cologne. LOL

If I run at a park I get people asking me, "what does that run on?"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts