• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

MCD pipe

Clubin

Banned
Well done, I like your rear chassis brace idea, simple but absolutely functional. Keep up the good work.

Simsy

I cant take the credit for the neat welding mate a mate of mine is doing it for me but yeah he dose a great job.

kingwalker

simsy

ive heard olimat engineering do great work,also pipes for mcd ,rampage, hpi baja are comming out soon,not bad for a company from down under,(australia) comming soon to powerslide racing. com.au

kingwalker

oh i forgot simsy you better put a 40cc motor in your ramp if your going to catch skip or redline,don't worry about the other fella as you know his cars are always needing fixing

Simsy

A bit of an update the cage is allmost finnished only need to do the nurfe bars and powder coat it now.

IMGP0080.jpg

IMGP0079-1.jpg

IMGP0076.jpg

DemonRC

Great job there. Get some lexan panels cut for it and paint em up. That'll look killer.

kryptonite

damn. that was one bad ars cage!! i wonder if channel welding would build us something like that. i doubt it, its worth asker her. awsome job!! like the whole pipe setup with the side/rear chassis supports

what ever happened to all that alloy you de-anod. it would look killer all decked out with the cage and alloy.

Simsy

Well now that most of the cage is done a full strip down is next so I can deanno the rest. I am going to make some lexen pannels as well with lots of shiny alloy it should turn out fairly wild. The only thing im stuck on at the moment is what coulor to powder coat the cage and what paint coulor for the pannels. Oh and my mate did the cage for me he may be interested in doing more for others but chrome molly isnt cheap and his skills are worth paying for as well and then theres the shipping.

Simsy

Ok I have done a mock up of the body to see what you guys think. Its just cardboard so its a bit on the rought side but you should get the idea.

IMGP0078-2.jpg

IMGP0079-2.jpg

IMGP0080-1.jpg

IMGP0081.jpg

Simsy

Bit of an update now I have the cage powder coated

IMGP0084.jpg

The build should start tomorow I think

k20_94_dc

I want to see more of this build and i would love to have that cage

Simsy

mooman007uk said:
you got much bearing slop in the centre diff carrier?
No no slop at all but I do use loctite 680 retaining compound on all my bearings that are in alloy.

Simsy

Front suspension and steering done

IMGP00863.jpg

IMGP00873.jpg

IMGP00882.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online