• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Makeover for my Xt

Dobber72

Finally got my new body painted,had a few mess ups on it but other than that it turned out the way I wanted it too.I went with the rear mount Jetpro pipe and man did it make my little motor come alive even with my new wheels and tires set up it pulls harded than with my old pipe.

Attachments

• IMG_20180430_143857976.jpg
    IMG_20180430_143857976.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_20180430_143846407_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180430_143846407_HDR.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20180430_143927860.jpg
    IMG_20180430_143927860.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 61

Dusty

Awesome .... how you like those imex tires and wheels ?

sunoco

you all could allready know this, i have no idea.-- the sealed bearings-- you get a small pointed exzacto knife, break a little bit of the pointed tip off, then dull the cutting edge - slightly round the broken tip off-- lay a bearing flat on a workbench, lay the knife across the bearing- get the knife under the bearing seal about 3/4 mm. gently pry the seal off. you may bend the seal-- you will get the hang of doing this-- just rebend the seal flat-- main thing is-- try not to nick the rubber sealing edge.- go to wally world- automotive area-- buy a couple cans of -- crc electronic cleaner-- blow the bearing out- get it spinning with the red tube on the cleaner-- let it dry-- regrease- walk the 1 seal you remove on each bearing back on--- 90% of the bearings out there are grade 1. might as well get your monies worth out of them-- higher grade bearings are not cheap-- ones with decent double lip seals cost even more money-- these gas motors have enough power to use thick grease- stays in the bearing longer-- agan, wally world-- Lucas - thick & tacky red grease ---

yea- stay away from using carb cleaner-- its too toxic- use crc electronic cleaner-- its methanol-- harmless to most plastics & rubber--

Dobber72

Cool looking truck !
Thanks.

you all could allready know this, i have no idea.-- the sealed bearings-- you get a small pointed exzacto knife, break a little bit of the pointed tip off, then dull the cutting edge - slightly round the broken tip off-- lay a bearing flat on a workbench, lay the knife across the bearing- get the knife under the bearing seal about 3/4 mm. gently pry the seal off. you may bend the seal-- you will get the hang of doing this-- just rebend the seal flat-- main thing is-- try not to nick the rubber sealing edge.- go to wally world- automotive area-- buy a couple cans of -- crc electronic cleaner-- blow the bearing out- get it spinning with the red tube on the cleaner-- let it dry-- regrease- walk the 1 seal you remove on each bearing back on--- 90% of the bearings out there are grade 1. might as well get your monies worth out of them-- higher grade bearings are not cheap-- ones with decent double lip seals cost even more money-- these gas motors have enough power to use thick grease- stays in the bearing longer-- agan, wally world-- Lucas - thick & tacky red grease ---
I didn't know that and I'm going to try that next time I break down to clean my trucks.thank cool idea.

Redredcat0223

Finally got my new body painted,had a few mess ups on it but other than that it turned out the way I wanted it too.I went with the rear mount Jetpro pipe and man did it make my little motor come alive even with my new wheels and tires set up it pulls harded than with my old pipe.
What’s up man I know this is an older post but was wondering how those tires held up,I have an xt and was thinking of getting some,and is the only real upgrade you had was the jet pro pipe and it moved those wheels fine?thanks for any info you can give me!

Dobber72

What’s up man I know this is an older post but was wondering how those tires held up,I have an xt and was thinking of getting some,and is the only real upgrade you had was the jet pro pipe and it moved those wheels fine?thanks for any info you can give me!
They have held up very well so far and I've had them for a couple years now and the only up grades was only the jet pro and it pulls them as good as stock but my engine runs way better than stock for some reason on this xt.

Redredcat0223

They have held up very well so far and I've had them for a couple years now and the only up grades was only the jet pro and it pulls them as good as stock but my engine runs way better than stock for some reason on this xt.
Thank you I appreciate it,and that’s wierd you say that about your motor because I have the ddm side mount pipe on mine and even before I put the pipe and an 8000 rpm clutch my motor ran it’s ass off,my buddy has the same truck and I would smoke him all the time even if we switched drivers ,I think it’s like anything else done cars and motors are just built better on different days,but thank you again

Redredcat0223

Right that’s what I was thinkin lol I put a walbro 668 carb and a dgi short stack high flow air filter with a ddm velocity stack and I did notice a wake up after those were installed too,believe it or not I really did but even when me and buddy’s trucks were stock ,mine just ran a lot better,now I crush him lol he gets so pissed ,I tell him stop being cheap and put some parts on it lol thanks though I really wana get one of those bodies and those tires and if it’s not runnin like I like it too then screw it I’ll put a zenoah g340 in it and call it a day lol thanks again brotha!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts