Makeover for my Xt

Dobber72

Dobber72

Finally got my new body painted,had a few mess ups on it but other than that it turned out the way I wanted it too.I went with the rear mount Jetpro pipe and man did it make my little motor come alive even with my new wheels and tires set up it pulls harded than with my old pipe.

Attachments

Impalassman

Impalassman

Cool looking truck !

sunoco

sunoco

you all could allready know this, i have no idea.-- the sealed bearings-- you get a small pointed exzacto knife, break a little bit of the pointed tip off, then dull the cutting edge - slightly round the broken tip off-- lay a bearing flat on a workbench, lay the knife across the bearing- get the knife under the bearing seal about 3/4 mm. gently pry the seal off. you may bend the seal-- you will get the hang of doing this-- just rebend the seal flat-- main thing is-- try not to nick the rubber sealing edge.- go to wally world- automotive area-- buy a couple cans of -- crc electronic cleaner-- blow the bearing out- get it spinning with the red tube on the cleaner-- let it dry-- regrease- walk the 1 seal you remove on each bearing back on--- 90% of the bearings out there are grade 1. might as well get your monies worth out of them-- higher grade bearings are not cheap-- ones with decent double lip seals cost even more money-- these gas motors have enough power to use thick grease- stays in the bearing longer-- agan, wally world-- Lucas - thick & tacky red grease ---

yea- stay away from using carb cleaner-- its too toxic- use crc electronic cleaner-- its methanol-- harmless to most plastics & rubber--

Dobber72

Dobber72

Cool looking truck !
Thanks.

you all could allready know this, i have no idea.-- the sealed bearings-- you get a small pointed exzacto knife, break a little bit of the pointed tip off, then dull the cutting edge - slightly round the broken tip off-- lay a bearing flat on a workbench, lay the knife across the bearing- get the knife under the bearing seal about 3/4 mm. gently pry the seal off. you may bend the seal-- you will get the hang of doing this-- just rebend the seal flat-- main thing is-- try not to nick the rubber sealing edge.- go to wally world- automotive area-- buy a couple cans of -- crc electronic cleaner-- blow the bearing out- get it spinning with the red tube on the cleaner-- let it dry-- regrease- walk the 1 seal you remove on each bearing back on--- 90% of the bearings out there are grade 1. might as well get your monies worth out of them-- higher grade bearings are not cheap-- ones with decent double lip seals cost even more money-- these gas motors have enough power to use thick grease- stays in the bearing longer-- agan, wally world-- Lucas - thick & tacky red grease ---
I didn't know that and I'm going to try that next time I break down to clean my trucks.thank cool idea.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts