• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Lowered MT Body

Skater229

I lowered the front by 2 holes in the body mounts, and the rear by 1... I think the trucks looks a little better... what do you think???

Before lowering...

After lowering...

Rear Bumper Mod...

Body Mod front end...

Skater229

RampageHopUps said:
Cool look on the body. I have the same stand as you, and I love it.
Not sure if you saw or not, but i wacked the bars off the rear bumper... Didn't think it needed to have a full one back there and it was also hitting the lowered body...I like the stand also, but need to put a bolt to keep it from tilting... It just move a little but at time it is too much...
Skater RearBumperMod.JPG

/monthly_2008_08/RearBumperMod.JPG.64767554295f040514f38d71c3a40e3b.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaz the Minotaur

I lowered mine also. You can't lower the rear as far as the front because it hits the stock muffler.

I cut some of the body off in the rear, below the "tail gate" area.

Skater229

Kaz the Minotaur said:
I lowered mine also. You can't lower the rear as far as the front because it hits the stock muffler.
I cut some of the body off in the rear, below the "tail gate" area.
You see the X-Can peeking thru the bed right? another thing that keeps the rear from going down any lower is the roll cage...

Skater

MOfroggy

Skater229 said:
I have one of those too. I put wheels on the bottom so I could rotate it easily without having to pick it up and turn it around.

If you want a really cool stand look at the Ram mounts and figure out a way to hook this up. You have circular adjustability and up and down also so you can jack the front or back up or down for easy access.

http://www.ram-mount.com/ramwebcompthumb/Page.html

Skater229

MOfroggy said:
Skater229,
The rear end of my my body is "caving in" like yours is. I wonder if this is a common problem with others too?
Mine is from when it was shipped, the rear of the body was stuck on the tail pipe... Going to find something light but strong and shoe-goo it in place... Should also make it a little stronger...

Skater

Skater229

MOfroggy said:
I have one of those too. I put wheels on the bottom so I could rotate it easily without having to pick it up and turn it around.
If you want a really cool stand look at the Ram mounts and figure out a way to hook this up. You have circular adjustability and up and down also so you can jack the front or back up or down for easy access.

http://www.ram-mount.com/ramwebcompthumb/Page.html
I like the wheel idea... Where did you steal the wheels from?

Skater

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.