• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

lightened flywheel

GTS 666

Just got back from Fiji today hoping to get out this weekend to run the TS a little more before I lean it out. It doesn't run a lightend flywheel as the engine doesn't run a cover to help to direct the air on to the head but it does have huge cooling fins. I want to buy a second hand MT or TT as a test platform for two other CY engines I built. Don't really want to pull the Zens out of my other cars as they are running good.

G

GTS 666 said:
I would be happier to run that one before I ran one that had holes drilled threw it to make it lighter. I think it would hold up OK. But removing the fins from the pull start side of the flywheel is enough IMO.
It would be safer to run a lightened billet version. Maybe that is something 7075RC could try. The 7075 would be lighter and stronger than the same unit in cast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts