• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

leaky gas tank?

kingpin

So I installed the DDM pipe on my MT V3 and when all is said and done I had to turn the gas lines on top off the gas tank the gromet that holds to 2 line's, anyway I turned it a little so it was not to close to the pipe, so I went and filled her up but I see fuel ouzing out from under the gromet is this normal or do I have to seal it up:confused:, by the way she is a beast with the pipe! :D

G

The grommets tear pretty easy. Make sure its still OK. You can get replacement grommets from DDM. They can leak a bit. I never fill my tanks to the very top.

kingpin

yea RCDAD only when I filled it up too the top it leaked, but would this create a problem with idle or any kind of problem. I don't want to mess it up it runs much faster now!.

G

It won't cause any problems with performance as the tank needs to breath. That's why the tank vent mod is so important. However, you don't want fuel leaking out all over everything either. A small amount is messy. If its a big leak, well, we all know what that can lead to.

kingpin

no it only leaks when it's filled to the top, so I guess Iam safe for now or should I seal it up with some kind of silicone?. :confused:

G

It would have to be fuel resistant sealant.

If it doesn't leak with the fuel level dropped a bit I wouldn't worry about it, but its up to you.

alfred e numan

silicone is pretty much useless around gasoline. I use this- Permatex Motoseal.- # 29132. OR, go to a dirtbike dealer and spring for either Honda bond #4, - yamabond- cant recall the number- You will have to clean off all the gas-oil on the rubber plug- use something easy on the rubber- crc electronic cleaner- get it at the automotive area at wallyworld. carb cleaner will eat the rubber up- you just need to apply the sealant under the plugs lip on the upper part- on top of the tank. worked for me anyways-- leak free now.

G

kingpin said:
fine I will let it be thanks RCDAD!.
No problem man. If it gets worse the above post has great info.

kingpin

alfred e numan said:
silicone is pretty much useless around gasoline. I use this- Permatex Motoseal.- # 29132. OR, go to a dirtbike dealer and spring for either Honda bond #4, - yamabond- cant recall the number- You will have to clean off all the gas-oil on the rubber plug- use something easy on the rubber- crc electronic cleaner- get it at the automotive area at wallyworld. carb cleaner will eat the rubber up- you just need to apply the sealant under the plugs lip on the upper part- on top of the tank. worked for me anyways-- leak free now.
I don't use gas I use Camping fuel, will it make a difference will it eat the silicone up?.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts