• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Kingmotor All Terrain Wheels tires fits HPI Baja Desert buggy 5b, SS 2.0, 3.0 !

ChuenouXiao

I have a question about these tires... are they official all terrain tires from HPI? I heard that they are just replica? I own them and I love them actually but since I am new to 1/5, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between these tires

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290617199035

to the

"Official HPI all terrain tires"

What kind of compound difference? Origin (made in China or USA and so on....) What do you like or not like about them?

Your input is very much appreciated! Thanks racers!

Last edited by a moderator:

PISTOL PETE

very little differance between these or hpi. they are made in china for sure. i cant tell the differance between any of my king motor tires or my hpi tires. some people say they wear out faster but hpi tires wear out just as fast

fluxn81

chuefengxiong said:
I have a question about these tires... are they official all terrain tires from HPI? I heard that they are just replica? I own them and I love them actually but since I am new to 1/5, I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between these tireshttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290617199035

to the

"Official HPI all terrain tires"

What kind of compound difference? Origin (made in China or USA and so on....) What do you like or not like about them?

Your input is very much appreciated! Thanks racers!
Well, I don't know of any all terrain tire that HPI sells so they're definitely not HPI. Hostile makes all terrains and I would guess that's where they were copied from. Yes, they will fit.

I would never get an all terrain tire. They are meant to be ran on every surface and not the best for any of them. It's the poor man's choice, lol.

LightForce

Go for original hostiles and proline wheels they are really hard to rip break and will last longer.

also those wheels will crack on you at first couple jumps. My buddy had a set of similar ones they did not last one race. Rims cracked tires torn 1 hour of use on race track.

ChuenouXiao

fluxn81 said:
Well, I don't know of any all terrain tire that HPI sells so they're definitely not HPI. Hostile makes all terrains and I would guess that's where they were copied from. Yes, they will fit.I would never get an all terrain tire. They are meant to be ran on every surface and not the best for any of them. It's the poor man's choice, lol.
Well... I wouldn't use these tires for all out sprint or all out off road competition. So far they work great for me. I'm planning to use them as a all purpose tire only. If I'm going to compete then I will specialize that specific tire for that specific competition. One thing I do notice for a fact is that I gain 5 more MPH and my car feels a lot better. It feels like a bat mobile LOL! Again, this wont be my last aftermarket tires.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Someday I will buy official HPI tires and see how good it is...... I assume there wont be much of a difference. Maybe HPI might be a little better but not that much? I will find out once I am ready.

fluxn81

chuefengxiong said:
Well... I wouldn't use these tires for all out sprint or all out off road competition. So far they work great for me. I'm planning to use them as a all purpose tire only. If I'm going to compete then I will specialize that specific tire for that specific competition. One thing I do notice for a fact is that I gain 5 more MPH and my car feels a lot better. It feels like a bat mobile LOL! Again, this wont be my last aftermarket tires.
It's a waste. Why run tires that can't be pushed to the limit? The only reason I would run all terrains is to go from street to grass to dirt when running from the cops in my 1:1 car, lol.

chuefengxiong said:
Someday I will buy official HPI tires and see how good it is...... I assume there wont be much of a difference. Maybe HPI might be a little better but not that much? I will find out once I am ready.
The Baja community doesn't run HPI tires. The most popular brands are Hostile and Proline. For off road, get Hostile Nightmares and tell me what you think.

josh's_XB

csp1971 said:
Hostile AT's are great for all around screwing around in street, grass, or dirt.
can someone provide a link to these wheels at the best price possible?

:D thanks

countstevula

Contributor
I have had a set of king motor buggy tires and they seem a bit too soft for any amount of on road driving at all

ChuenouXiao

countstevula said:
I have had a set of king motor buggy tires and they seem a bit too soft for any amount of on road driving at all
Well..... the seller on Ebay did say that its a soft compound so you just got to be aware of what you're buying right? :D

ImminentFailure

I don't think the problem is a lack of disclosing that they are soft, and knowing what you are buying, but more of 'they are shit'. It's an AT tire that sells itself as an AT tire, yet it's too soft to work as an AT tire. With that being said, if you want an AT tire, and they are disclosing they are soft, walk away... AT tires should be medium hard at the least.

That auction also implies soft compound will make your tires last longer. HA!

Based on what Hostile tire you get, if used on their intended surface, they'll last forever. Much better foams, much better material, and under warranty.

ChuenouXiao

ImminentFailure said:
I don't think the problem is a lack of disclosing that they are soft, and knowing what you are buying, but more of 'they are shit'. It's an AT tire that sells itself as an AT tire, yet it's too soft to work as an AT tire. With that being said, if you want an AT tire, and they are disclosing they are soft, walk away... AT tires should be medium hard at the least. That auction also implies soft compound will make your tires last longer. HA!

Based on what Hostile tire you get, if used on their intended surface, they'll last forever. Much better foams, much better material, and under warranty.
Yea I agree, but so far they are fine for me for now. Don't get me wrong.... I will upgrade soon... these are just me experimenting. Planning to get pro line tires....

Ildy666

RampageHopUps said:
They are scumbag clones of the Hostile AT tires.
I like your moxxy rob. you know what they say .you can take the man out of new jersey ,but you cant take the new jersey out of the man.well said .you could of used jerk off,or douche bag both acceptable answers lol...

G

Quote:Originally Posted by RampageHopUps

They are scumbag clones of the Hostile AT tires.

I like your moxxy rob. you know what they say .you can take the man out of new jersey ,but you cant take the new jersey out of the man.well said .you could of used jerk off,or douche bag both acceptable answers lol...
LMAO your killing me. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts