• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

King Motor Pipes

cordy

After you install it you most likely will be buying another pipe cuz the aluminum they use is cheap and you will most likely blow a hole in it. Now really how good can a $49 or $32 pipe really be?

TheCount

I have one of those pipes on my DR, it's steel not alloy.It's a good pipe for the price.To make it fit i had to grind a little from the shock mount in the middle,bend the support bracket so it would bolt onto the rear of the chassis, drill a new hole to bolt the rear bumper, turn the rear bumper/wing supports upside down & remove part of the rear rollcage/wing support.

pipe.jpg

pipe.jpg

/monthly_2013_07/pipe.jpg.84821a88bd084559edccedd0cc037f2e.jpg

Sergio

Yeah that pipe is cheap but seems very well made i got mine For the Mt thinking i could mod it but i would have to cut and weld and the cutting i can do but Welding i don't know how.

rampagemt

That's a good pipe from what I hear and a lot of people use that on there losi buggy conversions

G

It's been done but I don't know if modding is required. Looks like it would melt the cage.

Chief409

Be careful how much and where you mod the rear of the cage and rear bumper, it provides structural support to the rear of the chassis where the rear diff is mounted. When the cage is off you can flex this area easily by hand. Could be a problem coming off a big jump and landing on the rear if the support isn't there.

G

I am hopping the new rear mount Jetpro has a decent bumper.

A lot of people will fab a metal bumper for support when installing a pipe designed for a different platform.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts