• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

kinda sorta build

satttheman

im getting my rampage mt5 tomorrow i cant wait i didnt think it would take this long for shipping i've had my upgrades for about a week now. this is what i have so far cause u can never be done upgrading.

esp modified 30.5 torque monster head kit

2mm stuffed stroker

ramtech shocks

hitec 5645mg

hpi ss modified header thanks to sprint 77

hpi 8k clutch springs

fast eddy clip and carry

all the chrome engine pieces

craftwerks hp spark wire (blue)

outerwears air filter cover (blue)

outerwears pullstart cover (blue)

mcd trans gears 25 tooth (C and D)

mcd trans gears 30 tooth (A and B)

tgn red neck filter

hpi baja air filter sleeve

i cant wait to get this tomorrow so i can take it apart and build it back up. hopefully ill have it done by tuesday so i can run it alittle. my biggest things are will this handle truck handle the 30.5 and will the 30.5 impress me or will i need a esp modified trevor simpson long block. this thing is big and heavy it prolly will need the 6.5hp trevor simpson. hopefully this motor will get me by for a few weeks im a motor head so i know ill be changing the motor again

Last edited by a moderator:

satttheman

ill try... im prolly goin to order the mcd dogbones. the rampage dogbones are 133mm do u know which mcd to order i hope the diffs will last also. i havent gotten ur pins yet hopefully tomo so i can run this beast on tuesday

MOfroggy

With that setup you are probably going to be one of the first ones to "test the limits" on what can occur with that much power. We will all be watching your posts to see what happens.

MOfroggy

satttheman

i ran 1.5 tanks today so far so good people are amazed by the size and how fast it is. i don't get a vid of me running it my friend with the camera didnt come to the shop. tomorrow ill run it infront of my house if i don't make it to a field. only thing i can say about this truck is that i need a pipe like a dom or a gbe im goin to look into gettin a dom or gbe welded to fit my truck the hpi ss pipe is a temp fix only prolly is that its a good topend pipe but not enough on the bottom we u see the video u can be the judge this pipe hits really late but when it hits it hits hard people thought it had a 2 speed because thats wat it sounds like

MOfroggy

I must have missed the video featuring the 2 speed aspect of the truck. All I saw was a video of it trying to nudge a 1:1 out of the way< :)

Shiny

satttheman said:
esp modified 30.5 torque monster head kit

2mm stuffed stroker

ramtech shocks

hitec 5645mg

hpi ss modified header thanks to sprint 77

hpi 8k clutch springs

fast eddy clip and carry

all the chrome engine pieces

craftwerks hp spark wire (blue)

outerwears air filter cover (blue)

outerwears pullstart cover (blue)

mcd trans gears 25 tooth (C and D)

mcd trans gears 30 tooth (A and B)

tgn red neck filter

hpi baja air filter sleeve
Did you fit all the above in it or just some?

satttheman

got alittle vid to put up but not impressive had alittle problem. started takin it apart and it had play at the clutch bell also the clutch bell was 275f it was hot. the plastic ofcourse melted

Shiny

Seems it was slipping.

Go for the ELCON clutch it is the best plus with 30.5 you need all help that you can get. And ELCON is a grate one.

satttheman

sorry for the video quality i was try to drive and record with the same hand. it doesn't sound like its shifting anymore because i started tuning on the low speed

don't know how to post video from youtube

Last edited by a moderator:

satttheman

yea i like this setup but i need a low end pipe this setup would be great for a tt5 since there like 5-6lbs lighter. i looking at getting a rear dom for it

Shiny

Yes low-end torque. That what you will need. Did you change the clutch?

Shiny

Will that is ok.

What I suggest is the ELCON clutch. adjustable and lasts for ever. Once the one you have wear out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts