• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Jet pro silencer

Ildy666

Had this for 2 years so after hearing RC gasser say how much it does I figured I'll install it .WOW super quiet...which is pretty good when you feel like bashing without bashing your ear drums ...lol...

But it did give it the back pressure which woke it up some more...

Running the gizmo's 30.5 zen full mod,998 carb.,long zrc intake/baja filter,& demon 2 speed this thing hauls ass....

Also running trenchers rears all around

Ildy666

I don't see why not?the jetpro itself was a bad mood but adding the silencer made it wake up.makes sense I raced motor years ago but the pipe and silencer combo was key to the performance of the motor creating the right amount of back pressure and creating the power in different stages.so I would think the silencer and the jetpro have the same effect....

Ildy666

I don't see why not? The jetpro by itself was a bad mofo but after adding the the silencer woke it right up.makes sense ,I raced motocross years ago and having the right pipe and silencer combo was key in building the right back pressure in creating the power in different stages.so I believe the silencer is doing the same and creating the results I favor....

Cycletech

As a previous motocross racer and engine tech I will agree 100% that most two-stroke motors will have there powerband traits strengthened and have a smother transition in the power peak's. This is from the sound pulses bouncing around and slowing down in the silencer which is what brings the noise down and cause more negative sound pulses(back pressure) to push pack towards the exhaust port and lower the over scavenging of the cylinder and make the engine more efficient. Its all puzzle pieces that need to match up together!

Ice_2k

@Phil How is the silencer attached to the car?

rroberson7805

This is great to hear. I was thinking of welding a silencer onto the end of my jetpro mainly to reduce noise level and now that others are getting better performance I'm doing it soon. I also have a 2 speed transmission coming in the mail soon and very excited.

Ice_2k

For the record, Jetpro is asking $39 for the silencer but DDM has it for $29.

Ice_2k

I wonder if it's also steel, as the jetpro. Anyway, for the $15 difference I would definitely go with the jetpro.

Ice_2k

I was gonna get it from Jetpro but I was making an order from DDM anyways and I thought I'd ask a price from them as well. While Jetpro was asking $39, DDM gave it to me for just $29. And I don't have to pay separate shipping, so it was a no brainer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.