• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Is there a Carb preservative to add o gas?

machinebike

If you cannot run the MT for a while and gas is just sitting in it...is there an additive that can be mixed in with the gas to help preserve the carb rubber seals etc..?

machinebike

I know they have an additive but didnt know if the additive needs tro be drained or if I can just leave it and wether or not it will drop the power and also which brand is best, sheesh....

RampageHopUps

Stabil works well for me in the summer. Its too hot in Phoenix for the gassers, so I just put the STABIL in and start it for a few seconds. It doesn;t effect power that I know of.

G-Man

I would personally dump the gas from the tank and fire it up for a minute till it runs out the remaining in the carb. Stabil does work and does not effect power. I use it in my summer car for winter storage which dumping the tank isn't feasible.

machinebike

I would personally dump the gas from the tank and fire it up for a minute till it runs out the remaining in the carb. Stabil does work and does not effect power. I use it in my summer car for winter storage which dumping the tank isn't feasible.
I don't think you can until carb runs out without risk of running engine lean and damage to cylinder/piston.

G-Man

I don't think you can until carb runs out without risk of running engine lean and damage to cylinder/piston.
Man I always wondered the same thing beings that the lubrication is through the fuel mixture.. I read that is the proper thing to do but the mechanic in me thinks the same way you are. Some run dry every time. I personally do it if it is going to sit for awhile not every time

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts