• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Introducing the Redcat Rampage XR Rally Car

Tangermean

RedDog RC said:
Thirdcoasf RC uploaded a video of the Rally EP
hey thats me driving!

Car feels pretty good, the asphalt was wet so it slid real well. That is driving it straight out of the box, we didnt even charge the batteries.

RedDog RC

Tangermean said:
hey thats me driving!Car feels pretty good, the asphalt was wet so it slid real well. That is driving it straight out of the box, we didnt even charge the batteries.
I saw the other video you guys posted.

Do you think it will be able to handle very much jumping and off-road driving or is it more geared towards on-road stuff?

Ol' fart

I have two in stock. I'll build one to your spec's with a 10% discount on the car and all my parts you want on it, plus free shipping in the states. PM me if you are interested.

Tangermean

RedDog RC said:
I saw the other video you guys posted.
It looks like it shares the XB-E chassis and suspension components. (I don't have one to compare it to) the front bumper hangs out pretty far and low so it will be difficult to hit steep jumps.

In the second video we are driving it up one of the skate board ramps you can buy at walmart or academy and it seems to handle it well.

Here is what that ramp looks like with all its components.

It is a rally car so its not designed to run on a motocross style track like stadium trucks and monster trucks so I would just keep that in mind. If you land on all 4's you should generally be ok. It is pretty controllable in the air and lands well when you land square.

Last edited by a moderator:

ninjagaiden

I only just read up about these. I have a Maverick Vader (UK version of XB-E) running on 8S with a KD motor mount. For the XB-E I really think you had to go up to 8S go get the best out of the car. I'm not keen on doing all that again but looking at the vid of this running on 6S it seems pretty decent - nice and controlled for drifting.

Would love to hear more feedback about how she drives. I have a trip to Phoenix AZ next month - guess I could squeeze one of these puppies into my suitcase on the way hom and save $150 in shipping!

ninjagaiden

WooHoo! I just found out Redcat are based in Phoenix.

BooHoo! Redcat's pricing on the XR EP Pro is nearly $200 more than everyone elses.

I think rampageshop is in Phoenix too so I'm gonna email Rob and ask...

ninjagaiden

RampageHopUps said:
I am in Phoenix and I can deliver it to your hotel.
Rob

In the words of Hannibal from the A team:

That would be awesome!!!!

I'm just going to check what the maximum dimension bag I am allowed with British Airways. If you happen to be near one of the boxed up cars and could give me the dimensions of the box that would really help...

RampageHopUps

I'm on a plane from Chicago to Boston. I will find out tonight or tomorrow. 3 maintenance guys with charts working on the plane right before takeoff. Makes me feel safe. View attachment 7477

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408387701.095659.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408387701.095659.jpg

/monthly_2014_08/ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408387701.095659.jpg.7e81afd747508834e8aa6e20d17d152f.jpg

ninjagaiden

Guess premium gas is more expensive in Boston than in Chicago!

So I got the shipping dimensions and weight from good old Amazon

42x 21 x 16 inches, 42 pounds

That is more than the maximum suitcase size of 35.5in x 29.5in x 16in. Checking an oversize box costs an extra $120 plus I'll get stung for duties and tax in the U.K.

Will have to think this one through with my head rather than my heart!!!

krashkrieg

Contributor
You should pack it IN a box that size. You're only couple square inches off.

Get it from Rob, take off wheels, should fit, on Redcat racing site, says it is 33 inches long and if you carry it, no need for extra packing material.

ninjagaiden

That's a good idea. I might be able to cut down the box if the car is shorter. It will still need to go in checked baggage though - I won;t be able to carry it into the cabin.

Taking off the wheels won't help as the shell is as wide as the wheels, but getting the length down would work - this is the only dimension that is over-sized.

Time to google an unboxing vid...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.