• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Introducing the Redcat Rampage XR Rally Car

celm

I spoke with redcat yesterday about the XR, they told me its the same as the XB. except the tires and body is different. but all of the major components is the same, motor, diffs, chassis all same. So that means you are going to have to spend a few hundred more on it to do the same upgrades you have to do to the XB to make it reliable

Ildy666

I hear u on that.but being road use only hopefully it would be a little better reliability wise because less impact on the chassis from rocks and jumps.just food for thought. ...

RampageHopUps

I will have the first sample next week in my hands for testing. Please don;t forget that Redcat is continuously upgrading thier parts and the new changes will likely surprise you. We have been working hard to get rid of some of the maintenance problems. These changes might not be on the samples next week, but I know they are coming.

RedDog RC

Does anyone know if RedCat is going to offer a version with a clear body? I'd be good with the white one in the video as well :) . It looks awesome so far!

Silent_chaos

Cant understand How do people love the EP?

It's only 12-13 mns of runtime. My friends drool over the EP trucks.

Give me Gas anytime man.

RedDog RC

Introducing the Redcat Rampage XR Rally Car

Silent_chaos said:
Cant understand How do people love the EP? [emoji20][emoji20][emoji20] It's only 12-13 mns of runtime. My friends drool over the EP trucks.

Give me Gas anytime man.
I think it's ease of use and maintenance more than anything. I have 1/10 scale RCs for that but it's cool that redcat offers EP though.

Silent_chaos

sanos said:
I wonder if the rally body mounts is compatible for my XB?
The xb has 1 front hole. The rally has 2 front holes.

Also the xb doesn't have side mounts.

It might fit if you install the side mounts to your xb and drill a 3rd hole in front. Just guesstimating.

From the pics i don't think so since the XR's body mount holes are wider and if you see carefully in the 2nd page of this thread, the mounts are located on the front bumper which the xb doesn't have.

It is doable tho. I guess you need to get the body mounts apart and do a bit of adaptation

Last edited by a moderator:

blak__jak

I'm wondering how that body might fit an m/t with smaller wheels than stock. something like dirt bones or street tires.

BertR

The body will fit the xb if you remove the mount pin from the top plate and get the front and rear pan and rear body mount...other than that its the same car.

celm

This car really upset me, I wanted a 4wd road car. I have an XB and I know all the extra $ I had to dump into it just to make it reliable. Since the xr is the Same car , I am going to have to spend extra again. Looks like I'm getting a 4wd FG

rookie101

The way I look at it, no matter what brand I buy I will have to dump another $500-1000 to be happy with it, so you still are way ahead with the cats. I must have closer to $2000 in add ons on my Losi 5ive, makes the Redcats look almost free.

celm

RampageHopUps said:
Good luck finding a cheap FG on-road.
I didn't say I was looking for a cheap fg, I have no problem paying for it.i am into my xb right now with all the upgraded I had to do to it, the same price as a fg. So I have no issues spending the money on the fg or mcd

RampageHopUps

Let us know how that works out. You will spend extra money on the FG for sure as well.

jackson

no matter what you get you'll always end up spending extra in it!!!

I own two rampages converted one in to on road and I love it with a 30.5 esp in it it rips!

after cheap hpi Baja pipes few hundreds in servos and you're gold!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.