• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Idle problems and hard to start

delta_kilo

Some guys on the forums don't like this answer I'm about to give you but it's the method I use to start my Dunerunner with a 990 carb. I spray starter fluid on the air filter and then it starts within 2 or 3 pulls. If I don't do this because it doesn't have a chock it will never start. I also broke a pull start and blisters on my hand before I used my new method. I run my DR about twice a week for an hour or so at a time with friends so the tune is just fine before we go through it's a tune issue again.

dansmg

I put the aftermarket choke on mine that is attached to the velocity stack. works pretty good. usually about nine pulls. They say it still lets dirt in carb. don't know about that. When I bought the carb they said would only take a couple extra pulls. Will not start that way. What is your low needle set at? Should ne 7/8 out or it will flood really easy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts