• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

hy engines starting to suck,,,,,

xscrick

Banned
im putting on new carb , intake, lightweight flywheel,, clutch case,,,, had a bolt on clutch case break off,,,,due to factory using crap load of threadlock,,,got out broken bolt with some heat after,,,, and when got bolts out of coil to adjust it after putting on new flywheel,,, half the thread came out with the bolt,,,,,,,,, and again,, i find a crap load more threadlock,,, shouldnt need it if torqued properly,,,, im determining,,, should just have waited and installed the new parts on a new engine from gizmo,,,,,,,,when i got one,,,

RampageHopUps

I will talk to Redcat and see if they can slow down on the threadlocker. Its hurting us with the 36cc tear downs as well.

alfred e numan

there is a red substance that is used on air fittings and other things- i have seen this pre applied on fittings in the parts pin @ home depot- my step dad bought one of those pancake aircompressors from harbor freight the other day- had the same red sealer on the joints- also in the past i have bought self bleeder screws for the slave cylinders on cars- dirt bikes- had the same stuff on the treads- uncertan about how it handles heat- i do know that it stays on the male threads good- seemed to not really lock up like the lok-tite we use- blue stuff- tryed and tryed to find a tube or bottle of this to see if it might be a replacement for lok-tite- blue color- just a thought. quite a while ago, demon posted a site called mc-master-carr that carries all kinds of hardware- demon suggested a type of bolt that has part of the threads removed-male threads- and has a nylon incert in place of the removed threads- just a few thoughts folks- just sayen---

xscrick

Banned
xmas parts installedtook some time,,, had to go buy a few new taps to clean out all the threads of excessive threadlock,,,,,, but got it put together,,,

P1010297.jpg

P1010296.jpg

P1010295.jpg

P1010297.jpg

P1010296.jpg

P1010295.jpg

/monthly_2013_01/P1010297.jpg.30fbd7cb823d8d3ab1424cb8718b3791.jpg

/monthly_2013_01/P1010296.jpg.dcff963ae76f98d82d3c6b7821b4b748.jpg

/monthly_2013_01/P1010295.jpg.610744999e488b45e3ae3bb51412a533.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts