• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

How Much Torque Is Enough For MT Servos

RenoReno

Ok fellas. I'm hoping you all, or at least some of you can educate me. I've got a new to me MT. Got it off of ebay for a song, so the wife would be happy about the price paid. Planning on doing several upgrades, to include the servos.

There's a ton of posts on here about which servos to use. I've read a bunch of them. What I'm curious about is just how much torque do you need for the steering and throttle servos. I figure it this way. So long as it fits, the more torque the servo can deliver, the better. Right?

I looked for specs on the stock servos, as far as torque specs and couldn't find anything.

G

This one is enough. :D

I'm think'n about throw'n one in the MT

Last edited:

Michaels12

I' remember thinking that..... Till I priced it!

That's a bit over the top when your feeding two MTs. :)

Plus it's out of stock at DDM :(

Last edited by a moderator:
G

It is over the top! :D Price is the reason it's on the back burner.

G

Compared to a Savox 236, Hitec 5805, then 5765

claude bigelow

CyberVet65 said:
Well I received two HiTec 805BB for steering units and one Hitec 645MG for throttle. Now if the truck would just get here! :p
I know the feeling, but the worst is you get home only to find ups sticker stating you missed the shipment. But me being me I drive around until I find the driver. LOL

Michaels12

claude bigelow said:
I know the feeling, but the worst is you get home only to find ups sticker stating you missed the shipment. But me being me I drive around until I find the driver. LOL
HaHa... I got a great method. I gave my UPS guy a case of beer once, and I never miss a package!

G

Huh. I don't think I've ever had the same person more than once. I've even had two packages come the same day at different times on different trucks.

Ildy666

Michaels12 said:
HaHa... I got a great method. I gave my UPS guy a case of beer once, and I never miss a package!
Haha i do that with my garbage men.they take anything i throw out even a body...lol...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts