• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Hopup Aluminum Color

Zapped

DemonRC said:
One thing you guys need to think about is what are the chances that you will get sick of the color and want to deannodize? Gunmetal get's really bland after awhile. The purpose of annodizing is to harden the surface of the aluminum so that it is more resistant to dents and scratches and also to protect it from oxidation. You can polish aluminum all day but after a while it will eventually cloud over. Eventually white powder starts forming. This is equivilent to rust on steel. If you ever deannodize you lose the protection.
I vote for a clear bright annodize.
I am with Demon on this one,There is nothing like seeing black with shiny silver,chrome,etc.

chevy

we know the anodized blue from the mt/tt wasnt popular and most of the time it was de-anodized and polished so blue would be tossed, the reddish-orange other hopup color is bad and would go with th xt's, the green looks good but only if you have a completely aluminum xt in green, I think it needs to be one hopup color instead of two so when guys buy parts or trade their aluminum parts theirs only one color so kids or guys on a budget that are slowly building their xt with aluminum hopups wind up with rainbow color xt I think it shoul be a anodized silver or if its possible have the parts coated with nickel or chrome.

PISTOL PETE

gunmetal looks great. like on the blackout mts. the reason i like it is that it looks great with any body color. i really wanted to paint my mt pro body red but it just would not look right with all that blue under it. gunmetal,silver,chrome,black

DemonRC

camo said:
what about pink?
Obeast44 said:
There is only one thing I like that's pink....... :D
I KNOW WHAT HE LIKES THAT IS PINK!!!!

Gotta love Snoballs!

j-bomber

The advantage of gunmetal or black is that if you ever do get tired of the color and want to start swapping out parts to a new color, both will go with anything. Imagine if you choose blue, red or green, and want to change colors -- you'd need to do the whole job at once or risk having your rig look like a circus on wheels. For me, I could see wixing and matching gunmetal and crimson (blood) red. That would be almost too sweet.

lvh

Pink or Purple, i powder coated my dogbones pink after i lost one on the mt in the snow . They are easy to find now. :D

DemonRC

Just checking in if we have an update on when the alloy stuff will be available. My nutz fell to the floor when Camo had to take this massive screwdriver and pry my front shock tower back into shape LMAO.

camo

LOL that screw driver has a piece of my heart ROLF............

Triggerman77

Contributor
Sweet I love Gunmetal!!! That was my choice :D Are these for XT's And MT's??? I have both ! I really wanna get some aluminum on the XT

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts